Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Home phone provider
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Been with my provider (Bulldog / Pipex) for nearly 5 years and can't really fault them, but thinking about moving for some reason.

Currently pay about £40 for anytime UK calls, 8MB unlimted monthly Broadband.

I'm not expecting a gocompare kinda advice but wondered if anyone has any suggestions on a company worth a try.

Not too keen on BT because of the customer service and the length the order process apparently takes.

cynic-al
    Free Member

£11 BT and free orange broadband here.

IHN

Good deals for new customers on Virgin (if you're cabled)

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Damn – cant get Virgin Cable here….

tang
    Free Member

talk talk?

MikeT-23
    Free Member

I am just off the phone to BT after receiving a letter alerting me that my contract would be automatically renewed. At the price of my last bill, I was reluctant for that to happen, so phoned the number on the letter.

The helpful young chap who took my call has set me a new 12 month contract, with a new hub (with hub phone), and a line rental/broadband package that is, essentially, less than half of what I was previously paying for broadband alone!

Had Virgin had cable connected to my building I may well have gone with them for a fone/web/tv package, but our block is a wee bit too isolated from their network (flats across the road have it; flats on same side of street at the top of the street have it – I mean c'mon, wtf?). Anyway, who needs more TV? I watch enough crap as it is.

So, back OT, speak nicely to BT and you may get a good deal!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Home phone provider’ is closed to new replies.