Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Home Insurance – Cycle Cover
  • benmotogp46
    Free Member

Apologies if this or something similar has been posted before.

When adding my bikes to a home insurance policy, some insurers won’t even cover the full price (highest value bike £3000) and others will just offer a silly premium.

What if you were to store your bikes disassembled at home, rather than built up and ready to ride away.
    Would you then be able to claim for individual parts stolen if there were to be a burglary?

deadkenny
    Free Member

Can’t see why not. If someone just nicks a fork and it’s stored as a separate part in the house, then likely just comes under general possessions.

The bike specific cover I believe is covering the bike as a whole and also away from home. In pieces, it’s just general household possessions. I could be wrong though but seems logical to me.

Though I wouldn’t want to be rebuilding my bike every time I wanted to ride! 😆

benmotogp46
    Free Member

I agree. It’s certainly not practical to take your bikes apart every time you put them away.

It’s more of a “what if” type question as arguably, the bikes were built from individually purchased parts rather than a complete bike.
    At the very least, I always take the wheels off and keep the skewers separate so they can never be ridden away….

iain1775
    Free Member

You would also need to prove ownership for all the stolen parts, some insurance companies would want a purchase receipt etc, fine if you have receipts for each part, not so easy if it was bought as a complete bike they might ask questions if you only had a receipt for a complete bike but where only claiming for part

Fat-boy-fat

Just go to pedalcover. Reasonable price for insurance … works with high value bikes. Easy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Home Insurance – Cycle Cover’ is closed to new replies.