Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Holy cow…..this is FAST! – Cedric Gracia, Leogang
  • kayak23

Incredible…
    [video]http://vimeo.com/42975602[/video]

jam-bo

Yep. But most of the time he’s well off the pace at world cups these days…

matt_outandabout

fair to middling. 😉

taka
    Free Member

its good other rider over there are considerate… 8)

clive
    Free Member

phew , that was quick 😯

honourablegeorge

jam bo – Member

10th in the last one. Wish I was that slow.

kayak23

True, but just shows you how fast the top boys are. Brilliant.

jam-bo

10th in the last one. Wish I was that slow.

I said most of the time. Still a great rider to watch though.

Radioman

Wow! Great post. Top 10 is quick enough for me. I have ridden that course quite a bit “my way” even if he stopped for a cuppa he’d still be faster than me!

Taff
    Free Member

That looked well quick. Can’t believe how long the course is. If I were to be doing it I reckon it would be 10-15minutes! Even more excited about going to the world champs in September

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Well off the pace? What a shite negative comment.

transapp
    Free Member

Whether he’s 5-10 secs off the pace in a world cup run is pretty irrelevant. I’d bet he can do that run in half the time of anyone who’s going to read this thread!

Bullet

Awesome! I’d still be mincing across the rooty bits while he hardly touches the ground…

smiff
    Free Member

those trees come at him pretty quick.
    might sound weird but it’s interesting how smooth his head is.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Whether he’s 5-10 secs off the pace in a world cup run is pretty irrelevant. I’d bet he can do that run in half the time of anyone who’s going to read this thread!

Most would be scraping themselves of the face of those gaps!

Woody
    Free Member

might sound weird but it’s interesting how smooth his head is.

I thought that too – seems to be looking straight ahead all the time.

………and lol @

Well off the pace? What a shite negative comment.

theboatman
    Free Member

Great vid! He may be ‘well of the pace’ (my top knobber post of the week) but I would mind being that slow. You must have balls of steel to ship it like that in my book, respect due.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

And he’s still styling it on every drop/jump… I watched him do a massive backflip at fort bill on the 4x course a while back… He’s a ledge!

JCL
    Free Member

Jam bo, you’ll be eating your words at some point in the future. All he has to do is get his head together and he’ll at least podium. You don’t loose talent like that, you just sometimes forget how to use it.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=CA#/watch?v=AdmEDE6aBr8

M6TTF
    Free Member

It looks like they’ve set an x, y coordinate on his helmet and mapped the video on that point, hence the head doesn’t seem to move at all

retro83
    Free Member

love his riding style. Really smooth, seems to let the bike do all the work.

stanfree
    Free Member

I love Gracia and would love to see him have one last really good season, He is a real showman and always seems to style It up for the big crowds as well.
    The only thing is the young guns Gwin and co are just so much quicker.

jam-bo

waves at all the offended people…

this:

The only thing is the young guns Gwin and co are just so much quicker.

wrecker
    Free Member

Why is Vimeo so ******* **** and slow?
    I hate it.

AlexSimon

He was only 1 second off the podium in Pietermaritzburg.
    I don’t think you can write him off as easily as you have.
    Just like Peaty can still surprise.

AlexSimon

wrecker – Vimeo is faster than youtube for me (BT Inifinty). I guess it must come down to a lot of variables, but Vimeo seem to serve it up pretty fast.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Doesn’t look that fast in the top section but when he hits the trees you realise just how quick he’s going. And the speed at which he goes past those other STWers mincers.

He’d still be a bit quicker though if he didn’t try and throw half assed x-ups off every jump… 😉

AlexSimon

I assumed those “half assed x-ups off every jump” were him scrubbing the jumps to go faster!

Del

vimeo also allows you to buffer the whole vid before playing, and doesn’t need re-downloading if you go to full screen, unlike u-tube

deanfbm
    Free Member

I’d take gracia’s (harts too) style on a bike over gwins speed any day of the week. Gwin is just like terminator on a bike.

andrewy

It looks pretty quick to me. The thought of getting it even just a bit wrong at that speed between the trees, is really quite alarming 😯

stanfree
    Free Member

Poor Cedric out for the rest of the season after breaking a hip today in practice. 🙁 Healing vibes to one of the sports great entertainers.

unklehomered
    Free Member

That is balls, do we know what silly showboating he was doing at the time? 😀 Not knocking it, I love CG’s no hands off the most tech thing on the mountain style, but I’d rather see him hit the podium. Him and peaty will be in it till they die i reckon.

kayak23

Get well soon CG.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

wrecker
    Try updating your video drivers. Go onto the website of your comp. manufacturer and find updates for your model, usually in support.

AlexSimon

Man, I was really looking forward to seeing how he was going to do. Get well soon CG!

Matt24k
    Free Member

The human head is a great Steady Cam Mount it naturally tries to follow a fixed point ie your area of focus. That’s why helmet mounted cameras generally give the best images.

thered

I’ve heard he’s broken his pelvis, tib & fib, get well soon dood

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Holy cow…..this is FAST! – Cedric Gracia, Leogang’ is closed to new replies.