• This topic has 42 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by NJA.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Holy cow, radio doesn't get any worse than this…
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Now I love radio 5, but today we’ve had the Budget, followed by bloody Wimbledon, and to rub salt in we’ve got constant updates from ‘the cricket’…

Just as well there’s no golf on today or I’d be drowning in right wing toffdem.

All I need now to top it off is’ some Royal coverage’..

kimbers

shhhhh they imprisoned a colonial type who interrupted the boat race, badmouthing the heir apparent to the Osbourne Baronetcy is probably a stoning offence

DezB
    Free Member

radio doesn’t get any worse than this..

You’ve obviously not heard Steve Wright.

toby1

2 words “Nick Grimshaw” ….

wombat

Beaten to it be DezB

binners

Choose any commercial radio station, put it on, inwardly digest what it is you’re listening too, and then try not to hacksaw your own ears off

ThePinkster

😆 😆
    Oh so true.

molgrips
    Free Member

Sport radio with sport coverage – and that’s bad?

woody74

Steve Wright or Ken Bruce, god help me. If there was ever a radio station that needs a change it is Radio 2. If your past Radio 1 not really into sport (Radio 5) or northerners talking about 90’s music (Radio 6) then you are stuffed.

molgrips
    Free Member

Gutted that XFM is no longer on DAB.

toby1

or northerners talking about 90’s music (Radio 6)

Hah, I’d like to do a count one day of the number of times Sheffield and Manchester are mentioned on a single day of 6.

kimbers

and teamrocks gone too!

nickc

At least it’s not a phone in

TheBrick
    Free Member

BBC south for the worst radio. Clearly aimed at Daily Mail reading old people

Clobber
    Free Member

just got internet radio app, are there any good stations???

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Adrian Chiles……….why ?

Mister-P
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be about the return of Chris Moyles to the airwaves.

ThePinkster

Adrian Chiles……….why ?

Is that a general question, or specific to radio? 😉

binners

Adrian Chiles……….why ?

I don’t think anyone is ever going to come up with a satisfactory answer to that?

The only thing I can think of is that if he’s on the radio, then he’s not on telly, so we don’t have to look at him. A face like a scrotum wrapped in clingfilm

Coyote
    Free Member

It is.

nealglover
    Free Member

It is.

Depends where you are I think.

Sundayjumper

Chris Moyles is doing the breakfast radio on XFM from September.

And it gets even better. Who’s doing the show after his every weekday ?

Vernon Kay.

Dream team 😀

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

And no one has mentioned vannesa feltz standing in for Jeremy vine yet?

Shame on you all

molgrips
    Free Member

Depends where you are I think.

It does yes – I think Manchester and London areas are ok, but not Cardiff any more.

CountZero

Hah, I’d like to do a count one day of the number of times Sheffield and Manchester are mentioned on a single day of 6.

Blame whoever it was who had the genius idea of ‘decentralising’ the Beeb and moving loads of people to Manchester, etc.
    Of course RadMac talk about Manchester, that’s where they are. LaLa, not so much, she’s in London.
    However, a lot of the music that’s popular with 6Music tends to come from Manchester and Sheffield, shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise those cities get talked about as a result.
    Every day I give thanks that I’m not forced to listen to Radio 1, Radio 2, or some scuzzy commercial station with a ten song playlist; I wouldn’t even be able to listen to my own music, phones/music players are banned, and pocket DAB don’t work inside a big steel box.

molgrips
    Free Member

However, a lot of the music that’s popular with 6Music tends to come from Manchester and Sheffield

I don’t care where it comes from, I just with they’d play it instead of talking about it.

Surely it can’t be cost prohibitive for the bbc to create an automated station that just plays music all the time? One for pop, one for alt, one for dance etc. In addition to the normal channels with the talking if people still want then.

shermer75
    Free Member

Mary. Ann. Hobbs.

monkfish
    Free Member

Now if 6 take back John Holmes and tell Keaveney to FRO I’d be happy

Coyote
    Free Member

Chris Moyles is doing the breakfast radio on XFM from September.

No. F***ing. Way.

boxelder

As a northener who’s lived in Sheffield and near Manc, and who likes 90’s indie (along with the massive range of other stuff they play on R6) this is fine with me. It’s been a great day of cricket too.
    It’s the whiny cockney geezer types bigging up respect innit w@nk on Radio 1 that I can’t stand. That’s why there’s a tune button on the wireless.
    Some folk are never pleased – you’ll be whining about having to push your bike up beautiful Lakeland mountains soon…… 😉

MoreCashThanDash

I was going to lambast the OP for complaining about the BBCs news and sport station being full of, er, news and sport, but I got distracted somewhat by that photo of Mary Ann Hobbs.

loddrik
    Free Member

Now if 6 take back John Holmes and tell Keaveney to FRO I’d be happy

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Chippy OP in being chippy shocker.

Cheer up, Benefits Britain is on soon. Much more your cup of tea, surely. 😉

muddyground
    Free Member

I was in Weymouth not so long ago. Local radio, DJ asked listeners to tune in same time next week for a record by Cold Play.

zippykona

Steve Wright or Ken Bruce, god help me.

Never ever bad mouth the Prince of Pop Master.
    Having seen the xfm line up I feel quite smug that I vowed never to listen again once Crapital took over.

boxelder

and to rub salt in we’ve got constant updates from ‘the cricket’…

Cricket on the radio’s great!

binners

Well if you don’t want northerners playing northern music, you’re southern alternative is already available for you…..

Next on Radio 2….. Mumford and sons

😆

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Feel a bit cruel saying this but Sally Hudson, think she’s on Capital Radio or some such white noise bollocks, just the most vapid dribbling shit spray from her mouth, anecdotes about what she bought at the supermarket, getting in a oneise and watching box sets, what she’s having for tea that kind of thing. It’s nearly as riveting as the tabloid 2 page spread on how to put a duvet cover on correctly, talk about rock bottom, we are all f$$ked everything’s f$$ked drop the bomb now humanity has nothing left to offer.

What next wheelie bin strategies and washing day dramas.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and to rub salt in we’ve got constant updates from ‘the cricket’…

It’s just not the same as listening to TMS for a good 8 or 9 hrs…

I remember spending a long few days baling some straw on the farm with England getting their first Ashes in years back.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

oh and for an alternative online try tripleJ from down here in Oz guaranteed less than 5% of content might mention anything more North than Darwin.

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/media/listen.htm

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Holy cow, radio doesn't get any worse than this…’ is closed to new replies.