• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by igm.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Holidays………………………..
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

OK, bear with me…………

We have 1 week's holliday to use up.

I want:
    Soemthing to do, optional peace and quiet, optional going out into town, nice food, not too expensive, say upto £600

Something like this
    http://www.surfholidays.com/Destinations/Portugal/Lagos.aspx?page=accommodation

She wants:
    To sit on a beach/by a pool for 7 days, all inclusive*, cheep as possible

*I see this as meaning; screeming kids everywhere, cold horrible buffet food that reminds you of school dinners, but with more screeming kids, with the evening entertainment consisting of the kind of enforced fun you get at a pontins holliday park and the town will be like England on a Saturday night, every night, only worse because you feel sorry for the locals who have to deal with Brits on tour.

Anyone suggest anything? Anything at all? Anyone?

I'll do anything, sailing, surfing, skiing (wrong time of year), hell I'd go on a painting holiday despite barely being able to draw a stick man!

john_drummer
    Free Member

Lagos is lovely – plenty big enough town to eat every meal in a different restaurant if you want to, but none of the late night noisy disco stuff you'd get in, say Albufeira.

TBH there weren't that many Brits there when we visited, although that was 11 years ago; mostly kiwis backpacking/inter-railing – the town has the westernmost railway station on the Algarve.

We stayed at the Iberlagos apartments on the south side of town, opposite the fire station. Pretty quiet even in the middle of June, but as said, it was 11 years ago – are they still there and still called Iberlagos? Reasonable sized pool, but you can go down the steps down the cliff to the small cove/beach below if you prefer.

gusamc
    Free Member

check sunsail and neilson sites (sail/windsurf/biking/pool etc)

also try surf south west for a surf holiday, good crew and crwod when I did it

RichPenny
    Free Member

How about you go on different holidays?

PikeBN14
    Free Member

I've snoboarded in Chile in August, for a tad more than £600 quid though!

You have to do something with Lottery winnings 😉

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

I want:
    Something to do, optional peace and quiet, optional going out into town, nice food, not too expensive, say upto £600
    She wants:
    To sit on a beach/by a pool for 7 days, all inclusive*, cheep as possible

Sierra: You get to ride some great singletrack during the day.
    She gets to lie by the pool or on the beach.
    Excellent bars and restaurants at night for you both.
    Check us out on http://www.sierracycling.com.

jimithenomad
    Free Member

maybe try diving in egypt, getting there is cheap , food is good and cheap, there are plenty of other activities too such as camels, snorkelling if diving is not for you, sights, quadbiking,staying with the bedouin for a night, and even mountainbiking in the sinai mountains! have a great holiday wherever you go.

igm

Les Gets or Morzine self catering – she can sit by the lake, you ride. One of the trails even goes pretty much by the lake in Les Gets.

That was helpful wasn't it? It is doable for that money, possibly not including only the minimum of uplift though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Holidays………………………..’ is closed to new replies.