Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • holiday sun in Jan
  • morgs
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’m booking my first holiday for 4 years this weekend. Want somewhere hot, with a beach, all inclusive for a week ideally flying from Manchester. Think the Caribbean is a bit too far to travel for just a week so though I’d ask the well-traveled STW massif for advice. Sharm has the vote at the moment.

By the way – this is NOT a bike holiday, so please don’t make me think of nice cycling places!

Cheers all

uplink
    Free Member

The Canaries should be a similar temp to Sharm el-Sheikh in January

EDIT: having not booked a package holiday myself for years, I naively presumed that web prices would be the best
    We’ve booked a AI for some of the family at Christmas in Lanzarote through Thomson’s
    Can’t remember the exact numbers but booking it through their website was something like £3800
    I went into the Thomson shop to check something that was not clear and they were very keen to try and beat the price by – in their words – “taking it apart and putting it back together”
    Up-shot was almost £1k cheaper from the same company, for the same deal

donsimon
    Free Member

The Canary Islands should give you somewhere in the region of 20-25ºC and sunshine, not quite scorchio, but quite pleasant.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

canary islands

morgs
    Free Member

cheers guys

momo

I went to the canaries in January this year, was an unseasonably cold week, but was still 19-20 degrees all week. Just bear in mind that it is still winter, so sun sets about 6-7 every day. Damn site nicer than the weather was here though!

TheFlyingOx

Me and Mrs Ox will be in Bali/Lombok in January. Apparently it’s quite warm indeed. Bali’s a bit like Ibiza for the Ozzies though, so maybe not what you’re after?

trailmonkey

go to southern fuerteventura (the non brit, german bit) most winters. normally go in feb but have been in jan.

very quiet, very pleasant, highly reccommended.

nickjb
    Free Member

I Like Egypt. Sharm isn’t to my tastes as its a bit too westernised and touristy but I know that suits some people. Dahab, just up the road, has better beaches (especially for snorkelling) and a load of all inclusive hotels if that is your thing, although the town is OK so it’d be a shame to miss it. The sun goes down early and it gets chilly in the evening but its nice during the day.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘holiday sun in Jan’ is closed to new replies.