• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by juan.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Holiday Recommendations – Lake Garda
  • brakes
    Free Member

anyone been to Lake Garda and can recommend an area/ village to stay?
    just me and the little lady – somewhere quiet and relaxing near the lake, no kids

ta

al-london
    Free Member

Decenzano,

Easy to fly into Verona Brescia by ryanair then 30min drive.

Alex

brakes
    Free Member

anywhere else?

AB
    Free Member

Been a few times. I’d stay in Garda itself or Bardolino. Both are the pick of the Lake with Bardolino probably slightly edging it.

If you do go to Garda, stay here. You can book it through Thomsons.

JonBurns
    Free Member

Yep we went to Bardolino last year. Lovely place and a nice walk to either Garda or Lazise. Even better hire the hotel beach cruisers then go up the hill to the vineyard browse the various displays in the museum and get trollied on the free samples at the end 😆

We chose Bardolino as it was the same side as the airport, Verona and Venice so transfers and day trips weren’t quite as long.

If you fancy somewhere small and really beautiful there’s Limone, Riva is at the north, nice place but a bit windy.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

loads of windsurfers at Riva if that floats your boat

brakes
    Free Member

thanks, I’ll check them out 🙂

BigJohn

We stayed in a place between Malcesine and Torbole. Beautiful and excellent for windsurfing and bike hire.

But the Italian drivers are so slow, and the national pastime seems to be “stopping in a stupid place and getting in everybody’s way” that if you want to drive down to the south of the lake and get to the usual tourist places it takes an age.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I should add, if you fancy seeing some great mountains, it is worth a drive up to Selva in the Dolomites. I know it isn’t great sitting in a car for 2/3 hours (I think that was how long it took) but it is a magical place. Not done any biking there but the walking is superb.

stugus
    Free Member

I stayed at Malcesine, lovely little town. on the lake right next to a bikehire and chair lift to some wicked trails.
    Must go back some time.

This was the hotwl: http://www.lunarossahotel.it/gb/hotel_luna_rossa.htm

momo

I’ve just got beck from a week in Riva, and would highly recomend it to anyone, although as has been said it adds about an hour onto any trip if you go from Riva rather than Garda/Bardolino.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Was at the south end of Lake Garda last year very busy and a bit of a dump with loads of scantily clad females waiting on buses(strange thing was they never stood at the bus stops!!)! Seemed to be the further north you go up the Lake the better it is. We were there at the start of July and it was roasting hot. Second the Dolomites idea really picturesque went to a place called Molvena. We also spent a couple of days over at a beach next to Salo.

domino

Went to Lake Garda a few years ago and enjoyed it lots. We stayed in Riva at Astoria Park. Mum and Dad have been there since and also enjoyed it.

Spongebob
    Free Member

”Corte Cameldoli” Quiet! A km or so walk from Garda town.

Theres another equally quiet place a few minutes walk away.

There are a couple of very nice restaurants nearby with indoor or outdoor dining.

Look on Google Earth behind Garda.

juan
    Free Member

torbole camping just round the corner from meckie’s 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Holiday Recommendations – Lake Garda’ is closed to new replies.