Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Holiday lodge / static caravan park with a pool.
  • Harry_the_Spider

Looking for somewhere to take the kids for a weekend in October.
    Prerequisites are:
    1. It must be good for kids. Pool, play area, entertainment in the bar would be a bonus.
    2. It must be within a 2 hour drive of Manchester. Lakes, North Wales, Yorkshire, Peaks, Sherwood.
    3. It must be reasonably priced (we had a look at Center Parcs and laughed. We went there once a year back in the day, but now we’ve been priced out of the market).

stumpy01

Have you looked at a Haven holiday park? We stayed in one years ago as a cheap base to have a look around, I think it was through The Sun £9.50 holiday thing – stayed in Filey on the east coast. Probably a bit far for you from Manchester, but I think there’s quite a few dotted around the place.

stumpy01
    nbt

Haven outside of Grange (as above) does seem to meet your requirements. We’ve stayed there in our tourer and it was ok for what we paid (very little thanks to some vouchers)

sandwicheater

Sandy Balls.

You may have to break a few laws to get their in 2 hours.

I really just wanted to say Sandy Balls.

towzer

I use Parkdean at Croyde but they have a fair few other centres

http://www.parkdeanholidays.co.uk/

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

White cross bay, on the shore of lake Windermere. Not cheap though, but clean and great for kids.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Stayed at White Cross Bay in one of the ‘exclusive’ lodges last year. Being the centre of the universe I had a quick search on STW beforehand and someone mentioned (along the lines of) drunken yobs.

I’m glad to say the place was immaculate, very well run with a very respectable clientele base, the kids loved it. Just got a cracking deal on one of the lodges next to the lake at Ribby Hall for this year, the kids are looking forward to all the activities there but I’ve got a feeling they might be a tad disappointed when they learn it’s a week of sand castles and ice creams on the south shore.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Ps keep an eye on Hoseasons or whatever it’s called, they quite often have some good offers on.

Harry_the_Spider

A couple of good leads to follow up there. Thanks.

However, some of you have a strange idea of what is within two hours of Manchester.

mudshark
    Free Member

I use Parkdean at Croyde but they have a fair few other centres

Yeah I been there as well as Trecco Bay in S Wales – both picked for access to decent road riding – not that I tell the wife that.

iain1775
    Free Member

Manchester – Hull is about 2 hours drive?
    Then get the ferry over to Rotterdam and short 40 min drive up to Dunirell in holland
    Statics/lodges
    On site pool w slides etc, indoor and out
    On site theme park
    Woods and great beaches nearby
    Lovely little village
    Easy to explore Leiden, Amsterdam, The Hague etc

We did this for 2 years until this year, had a full 7 days for 4 adults and a 4 year old for less than cost of a weekend/mid week break at Centreparcs, and that included overnight ferry crossings (we came back via Dunkirk-Dover to make it a bit cheaper so it was a long drive back but we stopped off for the day in Bruge so it was like another little holiday at the end)

Other than that local papers and the Sun are starting their £10 holiday deals again next week
    Check UKhotdeals to get the codes early, and without having to buy the filthy Sun rag
    Availability is sometimes limited but we have also done this for the last 3 years, you have to factor in cleaning charges and entertainment passes etc on top of the £10 per person but it still works out pretty cheap

chakaping
    Free Member

We do these sort of breaks a lot, usually cheap because the sun keep sending me forms to book them.

Hafan y mor mentioned above is great for kids, really good pool with slides and loads of playgrounds and walks.

Greenacres haven site near porthmadog is smaller and more scenic, but has less amenities.

Both in easy reach of Snowdonia or the lleyn peninsula’s dramatic beaches.

PS. You may wish you’d not specified entertainment in the bar by the second or third night of the kiddie disco.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Havens always good for a short break. The kids will love it, pools free, evening entertainment til late.
    Just got back from Duinrell, the theme park is fantastic, the pools great but they charge a lot for it on top of the holiday cost. Biggest disappointment about the place though is there’s nothing really to do at night, karaoke was the highlight of the week in the onsite pub.
    I would go back though.

iain1775
    Free Member

You must have been at a different Duinrell then, our package came with the Tikipool passes included in holiday cost (299 euros for the week for the family)
    As for evening entertainment, there is a whole village with some really nice pubs (child friendly) and restaurants just outside the gates, and even more on the beach a short bike ride away, we never felt the need to go to the on site pub apart from for a game of bowling mid afternoon once
    The pancake house outside the front gate is spot on for food too, and the owners where great with our 4 year old

dunsapie
    Free Member

Have stayed at Sandybrook a few times in the October half term. Indoor heated pool and some of the lodges have hot tubs.
    http://www.sandybrook.co.uk/?gclid=CMLN5ezk9sQCFUHMtAodJ2AAIg

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Holiday lodge / static caravan park with a pool.’ is closed to new replies.