Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Holiday for the misses, 16 YO son and me.
  • kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Want to book a holiday abroad at the end of June. Its got to be almost guarenteed hot weather and in Europe preferable.

We are all active and dont want to spend all day doing nowt on a beach, although I could leave the Misses there all morning and we and the lad could do somert and meet her back up early afternoon.

Any intresting/unusual ideas? Cant see past package holidays at the moment and that bores me.

Got about £1500-2000 to spend on it.

Any ideas? Cheers. ❓

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Somewhere in the Alps or Pyrenees…villa with a pool for chilling, but roads and mountains nearby for all sorts of bikey shenanigans.

Pyrenees have all sorts of interesting places to visit either side…Biarritz for a bit of surfing one side, or Perpignan, Carcassonne on the other. Plenty of interesting spots in the Pyrenees themselves and not as developed as the Alps. It requires a bit of imagination though, so if you’re used to package holliers, it might not be your thing.

Or a villa close to a lake in the Austrian Tyrol in the Summer? Bound to get good weather (I should think)

alfabus
    Free Member

Not been personally, but how about riviera bike?

Sunny for the misses, and bikey for you. I presume you do ride bikes considering where you are asking 🙂

Dave

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

clicky thingCanal du Midi – might be a bit tame..

gusamc
    Free Member

by package did you mean Neilson/Sunsail (bikes, yachts, dinghy, cat,windsurf etc) – anyway if you did apologs, I used to love Sunsail – very windy – windsurfer, windy – dinghy/cat, not windy – mtb)

globalti
    Free Member

Go to Corsica but ONLY GO if you can hire a car. There are no buses and there’s one crappy train. If you had a car it would be a fantastic island to explore.

ampthill

I’d say that it sounds like you are describing Neilson

You might not get the best biking but you will get good biking. But you’ll also get good company water sports and an opportunity just to chill. From memory the beach clubs are more flexible than say a biking holiday as even if you did water sports all day you could still meet up with your wife for lunch

I think if your son buys into the idea then it’ll be a winner.

Really exciting would be a 2 week holiday, first week beach club second week flotilla, but that may well stretch the budget. They’ll teach you to sail the yacht from scratch in week 1. Its a good time to go a bit wild for a holiday as your son is post gcses and has a long holiday?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Neilson, + Many! However, I suspect a little out of budget.

midlifecrashes

Seriously? Don’t you just have to pick any city on the Med with a beach? Barcelona would do nicely but so would Rome or Venice or Marseille or Nice or Rimini or Dubrovnic. The world med is your lobster.

kimbers
    ampthill

Neilson is on budget if you do a 1 room apartment a shade over if you use a 2 bed…

That was based on Vassiliki mid June

nealglover
    Free Member

How about learning Paragliding in Western France on the dunes ?
    Scuba diving somewhere ?

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Thanks for all the posts. Booked Dubrovnik, Croatia for a week. Lots of swimming/snorkelling as right on the sea and the sea is crystal clear. Also lots of hills/mountains to go trekking in. The photos of the area looks amazing. (cue horror stories)

Cheers All. 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Holiday for the misses, 16 YO son and me.’ is closed to new replies.