Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • holiday Devon – any suggestions?
  • sefton
    Free Member

We’re planing a family holiday in Devon this summer. My little girl will be 4.

we’ll probably hire a cottage.

any suggestions on an area? nice beaches, harbors, towns etc

cheers

benslow
    Free Member

The beaches between Bigbury-on-Sea and Bantham are stunning.

Constantly changing so always something to do with the kids and plenty of space for all.

nickjb
    Free Member

2nd the South Hams area. Really nice coastline, great beaches.

avdave2

Well it’s actually just in Dorset but Lyme Regis is very nice. Plenty of holiday cottages and a nice sandy beach by the harbour and your little girl can go and find a dinosaur on the other beaches. Charmouth just along the coast has a good beach when the tides out as well. Plenty of pubs and restaurants in the town as well.

Harry_the_Spider

We went to Sidmouth a couple of years ago with our 1 year old and the grand parents. Had a great time. Loads of stuff to do within a 45 minute drive too.

qwerty
    Free Member

The South Hams is horrible, polluted beaches, too much tourist tat, partying teenagers everywhere, the sea is brown, rubbish strewn pavements, no good for swimming, the pubs are violent, the towns are ghettos. Do not go there.

julianwilson
    Free Member

querty: 😆

We (locals) used to play the ‘Modbury Game’ where before you drive through it each occupant of the car has to guess how many people will be out on the high street, closest wins. For a long time the average winning score was about four, more like fourteen now. 😀

Anyway, Hope Cove. I only live half an hour away and I would/will one of these days go there on holiday!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nice work, qwerty! 🙂

kayak23

Around Appledore/Bideford on the north coast. Places like clovelley to visit, and your daughter will love the ‘Big Sheep’, which is near to there.
    You also have southwest extreme along there too so you can take your bike along and get rad too…

zippykona

I love the woolacombe area,especially lee bay. Its a rock poolers heaven and should be a venue for the world skimming championship. Good for snorkelling when the tides in as you can swim through the rocks on the left and get to the secret beach.
    Puttsborough is the place to take your bucket and spade or have a go at surfing. Between puttsborough and croyde is baggy point with scarey cliffs and stunning scenery.
    Days out I would head to hunters inn where there are peacocks and a lovely walk to the sea. U boats landed during the war there.
    Also head to woody bay and then there’s all of exmoor. Can’t wait to get back.

zippykona

Oh and Squires fish and chips in Braunton. The best.

sefton
    Free Member

hows the bass fishing? I throw a few lures around too

Dibbs
    Free Member

I had lunch in the Red Barn at Woolacombe today, it was flippin gorgeous down there (surf must have been about 8ft too) and +1 for Squires fish and chips.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘holiday Devon – any suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.