Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Holiday Cancelleation
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

With 5 weeks to Departure two of our party have decided they can’t go. Now the booking is for 4 people and two rooms and pre booked seats on the flight.
    They have paid their balance but the booking is in my name. They aren’t bothered about losing the £900 they have paid.

The two of us will still be going though. Do I have to inform them (Jet2 holidays ) or just check in and say the other two people are no shows.

I know a lot of people don’t show up for flights for various reasons etc.

Any advice?

Flaperon

I’d tell them if only so you can claim back the air passenger duty on the tickets. Whether you do this before or after the flight depends on the airline (EasyJet charge £22 admin fee if you tell them before the flight, but nothing for no-shows), but they won’t scrap the whole booking if someone doesn’t turn up.

br
    Free Member

I’d be inclined not to inform them, incase the other two change their minds – or you/they ‘sell-on’ the holiday and so you just need to change names.

dancingfool
    Free Member

I wouldnt tell them. you wont get all your money back and they’ll sell the seat again and make double on it.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

So it won’t affect us if the other two don’t turn up and I won’t incur any additional costs?

Flaperon

In theory no, but nothing stops them overbooking the flight and sticking someone in the empty seats paid for by your mates.

gonefishin
    Free Member

I’d check the booking conditions. You may be liable for the Full amount if the holiday by cancelling at this stage. Not an issue if the other two pay up their full amount but check to be in the safe side

smurfly13
    Free Member

I’d give them a call and discuss cancelling – but with no booking ref number (that way can’t tie it to you)

I’d tell them if only so you can claim back the air passenger duty on the tickets

This – had a similar situation previously and cancelling meant they didn’t charge all the taxes and duty so got a chunk back even though it was no refunds.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Holiday Cancelleation’ is closed to new replies.