Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Hobo with a Shotgun
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Well, what can I say 😯 NO wonder it was on at 3 in the morning.

It has cult film status allegedly.

Anyone else seen it?

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Not seen it. But did see the very graphic trailer on you tube. Looks like something Eli Roth would fart out.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

You want cult? Check out Rubber.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G5pyFhmAqE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

redthunder
    Free Member

Hobo Video link:

Warning graphic:

http://www.magnetreleasing.com/hobowithashotgun/

jmatlock
    Free Member

Don’t dismiss it without watching it. Its pure 80s Grindhouse like Maniac Cop. One of may favourite films of the last few years.

redthunder
    Free Member

Rubber looks different. It’ll be on Film4 soon I’m sure.

endurogangster
    Free Member

Great film, think it was up for best picture Oscar a couple of years back!

spud-face

Rubber was actually pretty good from what i remember (though i was heavily, heavily stoned whilst watching it, and possibly asleep for the middle section). I may in fact mean it was pretty weird rather than good. worth a try though.

I bought hobo with a shotgun when it came out after reading some good review or other. Despite it being utterly shit from most angles, i enjoyed thought it was okay. this may only have been because a) i’d spent money on it, and b) chappy from trailer park boys and thingy from Lex were in it.

Everyone else i know hated it, if that’s of any relevance.

tinybits
    Free Member

I watched hobo with a shotgun on net flix. I can’t say it’s in my top ten, in fact,

I think it’s shit.

endurogangster
    Free Member

You should check out ‘deadly prey’ you can the full film on you tube! Makes hobo with a shotgun look like the best film
    Ever made

JEngledow
    Free Member

Below the Hobo with a shotgun video redthunder posted is a trailer for tucker and dale vs evil, has anyone seen it and is it worth watching or utter shit?

rene59
    Free Member

Tucker and Dale vs Evil is a really good and unique comedy, well worth watching.

spud-face

tucker and dale +1 – it’s excellent!
    For this kind of low budget stuff, see also the Feast trilogy.. it’s like a genre-mocking, extra-gory Tremors (with added zen-like Henry Rollins)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgys3pi2eN0[/video]

#edit – the whole first one’s on the tube, in 240p glory no less
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5pvbOTC5p0[/video]

oliverd1981
    Free Member

In many ways Hobo is a salute to the low budget studios of the 80’s and 90’s (Troma is the best example I can think of) it’s very accurate to the genre – it’s like building a perfect replica of a Nissan Cherry.

“Grinder is dead – you must join us in THE PLAGUE”

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just seen Machete Kills. Fits in perfectly with this thread.

brakes
    Free Member

It was on the tele a few months ago. Watchable in a ‘what the hell am I watching?’ kind of way. But ultimately baaaaad.

althepal

Loved machete, enjoyed Hobo with a shotgun for its throwback silliness.
    Reminds me a bit of films like dawn till dusk and yon Antonio Banderas films about yhe guitar playing mercanary- silly but still enjoyable..

cyclebiker

Planet terror is also worth watching on the grindhouse ‘label’

Cougar

Below the Hobo with a shotgun video redthunder posted is a trailer for tucker and dale vs evil, has anyone seen it and is it worth watching or utter shit?

Tucker and Dale is tremendous. And it has Alan Tudyk in it, which is never a bad thing.

dabble
    Free Member

I liked it, as well as Planet Terror(is that the one wi a lass wi a mini gun for a leg?), Machete and another one i can’t remeber the title of wi a dude in a stunt car that kills folk in it then gets his ass whooped by a bunch of badass lasses.

aP
    Free Member

Death Proof/ Planet Terror were supposed to be released together, but the studio lost its nerve and released them separately. So authentic they even made up dodgy trailers for films they fancied making (ie Machette).

gogg
    Free Member

Hobo with a shotgun was a real homage to the Troma movies (and dare I say it Robocop).

Machete was the evolution of the Death Proof / Planet Terror double bill, just waiting for Machete Kills to hit £3 on DVD and I’m in. Gotta love a Danny Trejo movie…

stuey
    Free Member

Between ‘Hobo’ and Lurpak
    – I’m wondering if Rutger Hauer needs a rest a or a hug?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Hobo with a Shotgun’ is closed to new replies.