Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hive / Nest / Salus / Worcester Heating Timers?
  • woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

New boiler being fitted next month and I need to choose a timer.

I have a current list of:

1) Wocester one for £140. Basically a wifi programmable timer
    2) BG Hive for £160
    3) Nest £180. Looks very nice, but amazon.co.uk reviews suggest they can be problematic
    4) Salus IT500 suggested by the plumber. Seems to get good reviews but looks pretty basic.

Reading the previous posts on here I have learnt that some people have irregular movements. Thank you for sharing.
    Then a big debate about who had the best physics education kicks off before it all goes a bit mums.net

Simple question. Which do I get?

northernmatt

I take you’re having a Worcester boiler in? If so get the Worcester one as it’ll be covered by the same warranty as the boiler so depending on boiler and installer could be up to 7 yrs.

r32paul
    Free Member

We have had a nest fitted for over a month now, no real issues with it at all (other than one minor hiccup that resulted in a reset).

There is also now a free app that allows the nest to be switched off automatically when you leave the house (as opposed to waiting for the nest to fathom out when you have gone)

So far I would recommend it.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I’m no bill gates but I’ve got a few years old Worcester digistat optimiser wifi thing and it’s a nightmare to program and set up, before winter I will change to the hive thing

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Yes Worcester boiler. The Worcester timer does indeed come with a 7 year warranty, same as the boiler.

Mugboo

We like the Salus RT500 so much that we are thinking of swapping our no doubt, expensive Honeywell one for one at some point. Very controllable.

somouk
    Free Member

Is there a need for it to be the top of the range wifi one?

I’ve just had a new Worcester boiler and the standard digital room thermostat that is programmable works really well.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Another vote for rt500 here.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Is there a need for it to be the top of the range wifi one?

I’ve just had a new Worcester boiler and the standard digital room thermostat that is programmable works really well.

For the sake of £20-40 extra upfront over the cost of the Worcester timer it seems silly to fit obsolute technology if the modern stuff can save me money in the mid-long term. That’s my thinking anyway.

cranberry
    Free Member

Tado ?? I’ve fitted one for my parents and in use it seems to be a case of fit and forget.

totalshell

we fit the worcester mt10 as std on all our worcesters, used to do salus but had so many warranty claims it was nt viable ( over 30%) huge interference issues with them.

the mt10 is simple to use and understand and the little old ladies love its portability.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hive / Nest / Salus / Worcester Heating Timers?’ is closed to new replies.