Viewing 39 posts - 81 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • “Hitler? He got things done”
  • CountZero

I hadn’t realised that RB had been banned, and, frankly I’m very disappointed that that has happened. I’ve never found him to be particularly offensive, controversial, yes, and provocative, but not offensive. There have been several threads on here recently, though which have had posts by people which I found very offensive, to the point I gave up reading them, because I became so angry, and RB had nothing to do with them. Maybe I should have reported them and got the posters banned, but I prefer not to get involved in extended slanging matches. I would very much like to see the decision regarding RB reversed, perhaps reduced to a month ban. It seems grossly unfair to ban someone for something he hasn’t done, but somebody else wrote.
    Going back to the OP, perhaps Stalin should have been used as a better example, as he quite happily slaughtered millions of his own people purely because they got in the way of getting the job done.

izakimak
    Free Member

Jeez! Rubeboy gets banned and now your all bitchin at each other, seem’s like he’s had a lasting effect on you.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It seems grossly unfair to ban someone for something he hasn’t done, but somebody else wrote.

Yep CountZero as far as I can figure, RudeBoy got banned as a result of a post which I wrote. If you look at his last posts 2 days ago before he got banned, there is no swearing or anything which can in any way be described as ‘offensive’.

When I wrote my post I was unaware that his ban had been lifted, and I was giving some stick to those who incessantly whinge about him. What appears to have happened is that Mark presumably thought “here’s the RudeBoy problem again – I’ll just ban him as a final solution”.

Now of course there isn’t any reason at all why this forum should be an exercise in ‘justice and democracy’. And if Mark wants to ban someone for no reason other than because he is in a bad mood after tripping over the cat and spilling his coffee, he is of course perfectly entitled to do so.

If anyone doesn’t like the decisions and how they are come to on here, then they are under no obligation to post on this forum. I can’t see any problem with that. I’ve got a bit of a problem ‘pretending’ that it’s some kind of natural justice though….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    zaskar
    Free Member

I want his marketing team…

Junkyard
    Free Member

how many warnings do you think he got?
    (continuing with the theme of Mark using a film quote)

What we’ve got here is… failure to communicate. Some men you just can’t reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it… well, he gets it. I don’t like it any more than you men.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

how many warnings do you think he got?

He emailed me a couple of weeks ago saying he had been told that he was on his ‘final warning’ because quote :

“Apparently I’m the most cmplained about forum member, and make the STW boys life difficult”

I told him to behave himself because if nothing else, the forum was useful for meeting up with people (incidentally people who meet RB tend not to think that he’s ‘anti-social’ !) He agreed. And behave himself he did …….. imo.

He presumably couldn’t stop the whingers though – they finally managed to silence him.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

What appears to have happened is that Mark presumably thought “here’s the RudeBoy problem again – I’ll just ban him as a final solution”

Given the topic of the thread, am I the only one that finds that unintentionally hilarious…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Kenny – the undercurrant of racism is here on this forum – from a minority of posters but it is still there.

I am not calling people racist bercause I disagreee with them, I am calling them racist because I believe they are.

I disagree very strongly with many posters on here – but I don’t call them racist. Only the ones who make racist posts.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Unintentionally Zulu-Eleven ?

I’m trying to vaguely stick to the topic mate. See also my reference to ‘appeasement’.
    And : “First they came for RudeBoy, I did not speak out because I was not RudeBoy”

What are you trying to do ………… accuse me of hi-jacking this thread ?

😯

tankslapper
    Free Member

I think Rude was a victim of his own narcissim?

kennyp
    Free Member

Fair point TJ, but can you show me an example of a posting that’s racist? Most of the ones that I see are generally just expressing an opinion. My conern is that people are being effectively blocked from expressing an opinion on many subjects because other folk claim to be offended.

trailmonkey

And : “First they came for RudeBoy, I did not speak out because I was not RudeBoy”

I love the irony of being told to grow up by someone posting that kind of adolescent stuff. 😆

I also like the way it’s my fault that I’ve been offended. Makes a lot of sense 8)

You’ve outed yourself on this thread ernie. You can carry on with your 1000 word essays about the injustices of the world but when it comes down to a level that you can actually affect yourself, your happy to stand aside and let bigotry go. Only a couple of weeks ago you were on here telling us how you’d been friends for years with a BNP member and when you’re faced with evidence of someone acting in a bigoted or bullying manner, you’re happy to defend it and blame the recipients.
    Your mate got banned because, despite numerous warnings to behave in a sociable manner, he managed to gather enough rope to hang himself.

Enjoy your day.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I was going to join in but I haven’t got the energy anymore…that makes me a nazi appeaser doesn’t it.

Sorry.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

If, as Mark suggests in his post on the subject that RB was banned for persistent evasion of the swear filter, I have absolutely no sympathy.

As has been said, minors do read this forum. My son is 12 and avidly reads the “proper” bit of this forum – you know the one about bikes! But occasionally, he strays into here and reads some of the more interesting threads, some of which have been great at helping flush out issues that concern him but which he struggled to articulate. I don’t mind him encountering bigotry and racism as it will equip him to deal with it when he face it in real life.

Re the OP – he’s mad as a bag of frogs and living proof that detachment from a relatively normal life, where people dare to tell you that you are talking rubbish, has a detrimental effect on your sanity.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Fair point TJ, but can you show me an example of a posting that’s racist?

Whilst you’re waiting for TJ to get back to you kennyp, why don’t you do a quick search on MisterGnar’s recently expressed views on Romani people. And why he thinks they are hated by the Italians ‘for good reason’. You could also do a search on Ferris-Beuller’s views concerning Islam. And why he thinks Muslim customs have no place in Britain but are fine in Pakistan.

Obviously any racism expressed on here is likely to the low-level ‘undercurrent’ which TJ refers to, as clearly coming out with stuff such, “The Ku Klux Klan had the right idea – we should lynch ****” would simply get you banned.

It is so much better to follow the BNP example and deny that you are a racist, choosing instead to exploit people’s irrational fears and ignorance with innuendos and general shit-stirring. And if you are going to single out any ethnic groups pick on soft targets such as Gypsies or Muslims as most people hate them anyway.

Racists are very rarely open about there views, preferring instead to suggest they actually have the oppressed people’s best interests at heart. As illustrated by the fact white supremacists in South Africa argued that the Apartheid State served the Black people’s best interests. Or by the fact the German Nazis argued that ‘re-settlement in the East’ was good for the Jewish people – “Arbeit Macht Frei” !

I don’t see how any of this has anything to do with RudeBoy though – he wasn’t banned for giving racists a hard time. He was banned because some losers kept complaining about him, and a I posted a post supporting him. Had these muppets not kept hitting the ‘report post’ button, and had I not posted my post, he would still be here imo.

In fact as I have already suggested, RubeBoy was in fact quite soft on racists/BNP supporters imo – I give them a far harder time. Indeed only 3 weeks ago I accused RudeBoy of being a racist !

#
    ernie_lynch – Member

RudeBoy – your post was steeped in hate-filled racism

Posted 3 weeks ago #

RudeBoy – Blocked

PS: I’d like to apologise for my earlier comments about Northerners. Bit tired, and angry at the election results. No need for my knee-jerk narrow minded comments. Sorry.

Posted 3 weeks ago #

#
    ernie_lynch – Member

“PS: I’d like to apologise for my earlier comments about Northerners.”

Excellent ! I’ve discovered your Achilles’ heel ……. it’s being called a racist !

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ho Ho …………. RACIST !

Posted 3 weeks ago #

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

rogerthecat – Member

If, as Mark suggests in his post on the subject that RB was banned for persistent evasion of the swear filter,

There was no ‘evasion of the swear filter’ two days ago. You can check it for yourself. It was my post which was the reason for his ban imo.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

trailmonkey – Member

Only a couple of weeks ago you were on here telling us how you’d been friends for years with a BNP member and when you’re faced with evidence of someone acting in a bigoted or bullying manner, you’re happy to defend it and blame the recipients.

Yes that is correct, I have a friend who was formerly a very active member of the NF/BNP …….. so what ?

Do you not have any friends which can be described as having different views to your own – do you not have any friends who are maybe racist or homophobic ? What a small world you must live in.

And what has that got to do with anything ? I have never called for anyway one to be banned – not even the muppet on here who urged people to vote BNP. I didn’t even report his post. I did challenge him however. As I often will my friends – if I feel it warrants it.

I love the irony of being told to grow up by someone posting that kind of adolescent stuff.

Well as long as it made you smile …….. that’s the important thing 😉

I also like the way it’s my fault that I’ve been offended. Makes a lot of sense

What ? …….. your feelings and emotions are my responsibility ? ….. LOL !

kennyp
    Free Member

Whilst you’re waiting for TJ to get back to you kennyp, why don’t you do a quick search on MisterGnar’s recently expressed views on Romani people.

I’ve done just that, and don’t see what’s wrong. He’s expressed his views in an open and honest manner. He doesn’t have a problem with foreign folk generally, just one particular group whom he has first hand experience of. He’s perfectly entitled to hold those views and to express them on that particular thread. It was interesting to hear the other side of that particular news story.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

He doesn’t have a problem with foreign folk generally, just one particular group whom he has first hand experience of.

A bit like Hitler then ?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I haven’t read the thread in detail, but has anyone yet put their hands up to complaining to the mods about RB?
    If you’re one of the complainers, I’m sure you must be reading this thread, so it would be great if you’d come out into the light.
    If you don’t feel able to do so, then maybe you should ponder on the part of your personality that prevents you from doing so.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

There was no ‘evasion of the swear filter’ two days ago. You can check it for yourself. It was my post which was the reason for his ban imo.

You’ve repeatedly said that there was no evasion of the swear filter – I suggest you read again the original post in the thread http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/get-ready-its-a-rudeboy-rant which is full of barely disguised F and C words.

(edit, oh, sorry Gus, I’m sure you’ll just accuse me of point scoring now)

kennyp
    Free Member

A bit like Hitler then ?

I’m guessing that was a joke?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

has anyone yet put their hands up to complaining to the mods about RB?

Two have – Stoner and aracer. But to be fair to them, I am convinced that it wasn’t done with any malicious intent. It would appear that neither of them found RB’s posts to be offensive, but simply wanted to annoying pics or such like removed.

Those who have constantly hit the report button on RB’s posts in the hope that he would eventually be banned, are hardly likely to admit it.

And as I have said earlier, RudeBoy himself is not blameless. Faced with being told 2 weeks ago that he was on his final warning due to the fact that he was ‘the most complained about user’, the daft div decided to respond to that by hitting the report button himself every time he saw a post which he considered to be offensive.

All he managed to do was make an even bigger nuisance of himself. And it would appear that about 4 days ago he received a 2 day ban for constantly reporting one poster. Tactics were never his strongest point. He was allowed back on and was swiftly banned again as a result of a post which I posted. He didn’t actually do anything wrong.

imo ….. of course.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Zulu-Eleven – that link is to a post which is five days old. He wasn’t banned two days ago because of swearing.
    I repeat : imo he was banned 2 days ago because of something which I posted

sharki
    Free Member

This is all very trivial and thankfully have chose not to read most of it.

Back to the OP, maybe i live in my own little bubble but alot of what Bernie says makes total sense and i couldn’t agree more with.

Maybe that makes me a nutter too, which in fairness i’d rather be crazy than to be caught up in media hype/stories…

As for the thread drift matter of RB, i’m sure he like many others, sit back and read all the defensive retorts and is smug with the thought of getting under someones skin..i know i do.

I’m sure he knew what his actions would bring and i’m sure he’ll find someone else to wind up away from exploiting the insecurities of those sat behind their pc’s taking everything so seriously……

bruneep

he was banned 2 days ago because of something which I posted

I can’t be arsed searching through your posts…..so what did you post then

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

so what did you post then

Towards the end of the page – the long rambling post. He was banned soon after that despite the fact that he didn’t actually do anything. In fact he agreed with me that his OP had been “nonsense” !

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/get-ready-its-a-rudeboy-rant/page/3

As he said in an email to me, “I suspect your very supportive post just served to piss Mark off even more.”

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Zulu-Eleven – that link is to a post which is five days old. He wasn’t banned two days ago because of swearing.
    I repeat : imo he was banned 2 days ago because of something which I posted

Or perhaps, just perhaps, it took an extra day or two for the mods to be made aware of the thread and decide what to do….?

In my experience Mark has always been pretty straight in the way he goes about modding the site – and the whole injustice/conspiracy aspect is just making you sound a little ridiculous Gus!

Edit – actually, maybe they should ban you as well? or you could walk out in sympathy and serve a self imposed ban as you believe you were responsible for the whole thing?

One out, we’re all out! Typical leftie 😉

nuke

imo he was banned 2 days ago because of something which I posted

Oh pleeease. You seriously believe your post caused RB to get banned!?! 😆 You’re purely speculating as to why he was banned and assuming it’s some conspiracy at STW towers. Why can’t you just accept Mark’s final post on that thread with regard swear-filter avoidance? In typical STW style, people are debating and making assumptions with little regard to any real facts.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

just perhaps, it took an extra day or two for the mods to be made aware of the thread and decide what to do….?

You are not paying attention ratty. RB was banned 4/5 days ago, allowed back on 2/3 days ago, and then swiftly banned again. No ‘swearing’ had taken place. And FYI ‘avoiding the swear filter’ is traditional on here when starting a ‘rant thread’.

“the whole injustice/conspiracy aspect is just making you sound a little ridiculous”

I don’t have any problem at all with Mark banning anyone for any reason which he chooses, I have already made that very clear – if you don’t like the way decisions are made on here, then simply don’t post on this forum. But I’m not going to pretend that ‘natural justice’ plays a part when it clearly doesn’t.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I don’t have any problem at all with Mark banning anyone for any reason which he chooses

Well, you certainly aren’t giving that impression!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

In typical STW style, people are debating and making assumptions with little regard to any real facts.

Well actually I was looking at the ‘facts’ …… no swearing in RBs posts 2 days ago.

And which bit of this don’t you understand ?

ernie_lynch – Member

imo ….. of course.

Eh ?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well, you certainly aren’t giving that impression!

Well I don’t why I don’t. I have constantly argued that Mark is of course perfectly entitled to do things on his forum how he so chooses. Here is an example of me having a go at RudeBoy over swearing :

#
    ernie_lynch – Member

I don’t agree RudeBoy. As far as I’m concerned I’m not in the least bothered what is filtered, and what isn’t. In fact I find the swear filter really quite useful – I just tap in a word and the swear filter automatically decides whether it’s acceptable or not. Saves me the bother – and I would probably get it wrong anyway.

Plus I don’t get too hung up about stuff like that, as I never forget that if I’m not happy then I’m under no obligation to post – I only post on here because I choose to, no one forces me to.

BTW if you’ve got issues with the mods, the protocol I believe, is that you should email them as the forum isn’t the place for arguing the toss. Which seems sensible enough to me.

Although I don’t understand why anyone should be quite that bothered.
    Posted 1 month ago #

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/reporting-your-own-posts#post-387255

But no one is going to force me to agree that something is ‘fair’ if I don’t agree that it is.

nuke

imo ….. of course. Eh ?

Oh right…yeah…I’m sorry. Go on about how you believe his ban was in some way related to your post and then add the classic little caveat ‘imo’. It’s like newspapers using ‘allegedly’…print any old tosh up but as long as you cover yourself with imo/allegedly its all good.

Well actually I was looking at the ‘facts’ …… no swearing in RBs posts 2 days ago.

Well yep there’s the ‘facts’…well, actually it’s just a fact. Great, you’ve identified the fact. Everything else? Who knows?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Oh right…yeah…I’m sorry.

That’s OK mate 8)

nuke

That’s OK mate

Git 😉

Lanesra
    Free Member

Bit of a strange one that we have to moderate our language/behaviour/postings “in case” a young child happens to be perusing the forum, or .01% of users. Bit of a shame that some parents wish to wrap there children in some utopian bubble and ruin the majorities enjoyment of the forum

As for the swear filter thing I was banned for it, when I clearly didn’t evade the filter the same night Rudeboy was banned.

To many “Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells” types, imo

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Kennyp – if you are still reading this drivel I think Ernie made my point rather better than I could. Its exactly that low level racism that bugs me. Many more example could be found but I doubt you will agree with me.

tankslapper
    Free Member

So…….this Hitler bloke then………. 🙄

Viewing 39 posts - 81 through 119 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘“Hitler? He got things done”’ is closed to new replies.