Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Hit the North – What bike?!
  • Harry_the_Spider

Binners, have you signed up? I don’t recall seeing your name amongst the chosen few.

eightyeight
    Free Member

Can we have a secret ‘I’m a bit crap’ code? Like tying a yellow lace round our arms – that way I can see who i’m really racing!

Tyres – If it’s wet a minnion and a highroller, if it’s dry moutain king 2.2s. Standard.

binners

I signed up straight away fella. I remember there were some issues as to whether people were in possession of cobblers or not, so I may have listed myself as my alter-ego Samantha.

As for tyres: Whatever happen to be on my bike the other 364 days of the year 😀

Harry_the_Spider

The secret “I’m a bit crap code” won’t be necessary.

The tell tale signs are if you see someone :-

1. Having a little lie down in the mud/snow/frozen undergrowth at the bottom of one of the descents
    2. Heaving their guts up after climbing out of “The Field of Despair”
    3. Hiding in the bushes to avoid doing another lap
    4. Taking time out for a cig break – Binners 😉

Not that it matters. Just turning up raises you above mere mortal men.

It is better to live 2 hours as a tiger than a life time as a maggot.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes but it is also colder and muddier and requires more effort

Harry_the_Spider

Binners, I’ve found you. I assumed that you had entered as a privateer but you have registered as a team rider.

Will you be bringing a Winnebago, pit bitches and a hot tub?

binners

Will you be bringing a Winnebago, pit bitches and a hot tub?

Team Fat Bastard will dispense with all that, but will be bringing the secret weapon. An inflatable Greggs, complete with bingo winged ladies, to dispense a constant stream of steak bakes, sausage rolls and jam donuts 😀

D0NK

Awesome, a steak bake mid race should keep me going.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

where do I sign up for team fat bastard?!! Or is there a sub team called team slow and fat bastard?

DrP

Seeing as my partner in crime from last year (this year) has smashed his ankle up and his bonkers Ti 69er fixie thing is hung up to rot…I’m out…
    🙁

DrP

RustySpanner

No excuse, Dr P.
    There’s a curry with your name on it.

If, for some unfathomable reason you don’t turn up, could you just send us a breakfast pie instead?

Ta.

cp

1000m of unbroken berms and jumps anyone?

My choice of bike just changed 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Ah… but the rest of it is mud, gravel, grass, cobbles a bit of carrying and a watersplash.

bikebouy
    Free Member

“shuuders at Binners inflatable Bingo Wings”

Berms, are they Blue Rinse Perms in disguise? or have you gaught a keyboard cold??

chrismanc
    Free Member

Im the big guy on a small genesis core 10. First “race”, “event”, “slog” 😆 and really looking forward to it. Going to be a buzz.

Harry you don’t happen to ride a hardtail cotic, ragley or something and ride with a women with a pink helmet?

Harry_the_Spider

No.

Black Spesh FSR, white Inbred SS or red Planet X cx.

The lady wears a blue and silver lid.

Usually seen out there between 10 and 12 on a Saturday morning.

chrismanc
    Free Member

Get you, will keep my eye out. Have they fixed the flood damage on the trails yet. Parts were sketchy last time I went up there?

hebdenbiker
    Free Member

The signs are up so they must have fixed it and it must be ready to use 😀

Harry_the_Spider

Flood damage is sorted. Signs are up. Some barriers are still there but you can get round them.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Hit the North – What bike?!’ is closed to new replies.