Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 142 total)
  • Hit the North – The show's over love, go home.
  • Harry_the_Spider

Well that was fun in a sadistic sort of way!

I'm uploading a load of pictures that I will post on here after I've had a bath.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Thanks,

Andrew, Jason, Vince & Mark.

Harry_the_Spider

Uploaded faster than expected. The bath will have to wait.

If anybody else has some picture stick them on here.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

great morning chaps!
    i'll upload a few photos later, all taken at the most boring marshal point in the world.

peachos
    Free Member

gutted – snapped chain on first bit of singletrack about 3 minutes into the race. fixed it by the time the rest of the riders had passed and then it popped again a few minutes later. so i gave up.

i was probably going to win it this year as well!

great event though – well done to the organisers & marshalls. found my way to the slippery corner of death to get my heckle on, which was probably more fun than racing if i'm honest!

terrahawk
    Free Member

I didn't realise the coppers were dicking about on go carts.

KT1973
    Free Member

Interested to know how the cyclocross bike faired compared to the MTBs

peachos
    Free Member

Interested to know how the cyclocross bike faired compared to the MTBs

the crossers were all skinny whippets and the MTBers were all a bit lardy so it would be a pretty unfair comparison!

twinklydave

you guys are idiots for putting this on…

the very best type of idiot 🙂

it was awesome! Nice one!

gutted about puncturing, but had loads of fun racing through the field and the post race bacon rolls were good too 🙂

derek_starship
    Free Member

Great event. I enjoyed it and I was just a marshall. Although I think I had the best marshall point (no.3) at the bottom of that very muddy decent with the magnetic tree at the bottom just before the 500m of nice flat.

"Come on keep smiling!"

DS

Harry_the_Spider

DS, got some "swag" in the car for you.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

also, it's good to finally put a few more faces to names on here.
    none of my close friends are as enthusiastic about biking as me (if at all), but it makes me feel like such a weirdo just walking up to people at races or whatever and introducing myself so i seem to just wallow in anonymity most of the time…
    plus i am so unfit and stuff that i always think better of entering races- maybe i need to change that soon.

portlyone

Early

Later

Cheers guys, had lots of fun. Thanks also to Mr Oxley for picking me out of the ditch 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Post race party tonight if anybody fancies a pint. WAGS invited too.

8:30, Church Inn, Prestwich.

Casual, no cleats.

TimK

ace race put on by ace people. CX bike was the right choice without a doubt although new brake blocks got destroyed in 2hrs :-/

Thanks guys 🙂

Results are here

Ed-O
    Free Member

Good to see you all, shout at you all and give you all a good blow! My voice it a bit Barry White now.

Thanks to those who actually said who they are. It always helps to get a name.

trio25
    Free Member

That's me out I only ever wear cleats!

Alex

Some great pics there. Not everyone appeared to be smiling. I see the forecasted freeze didn't quite happen then!

MrSparkle

Everybody seemed to have fun. Well, muddy and tiring fun. The boy and I were filming and hopefully the end product should be online next week. Got some good crash footage! Well done HTN boys.
    Mr Sparkle, rolling marshal.

project
    Free Member

Turned off the motorway as designated by the sat nav, around the big roundabout,wuith more lights than Blackpool, back down the motorway,the oposite way then on a bridge the sat nav pings to say the location is on the rhs,sadly i forgot to bring any abseiling gear.

So then back up to the next junction and back the way we had come, stopped and asked people the direction of the park,it seems as if Aliens had invaded, as nobody knew the park, or any bike race.

The area looked like a post thatcher derelict environment,thankfully she went many years ago,but her legacy remains.

Whens the next one,i will borrow my mates climbing gear then.

Harry_the_Spider

Ooops. We did send you a map and have one on our website.

Did you get there eventually?

minnellium
    Free Member

Ace day all round. I know which puddle Jase keeps his secret brick stash in now too. 😕

Well done all the winners of all the cats and especially well done to the organisers for a great, great course and a smoothly run event.

Pook

great day – cheers all!

I pulled out with 5 minutes to go on my fifth lap. My bike had picked up half the mud on the field!

I'll be back in summer though – already looking forward to it

enjoy the beers folks – they're more than deserved

😀

project
    Free Member

Harry, being a man i just relied on the sat nav,

whens the next one happening.

Looks good from the pictures.

MikeWW
    Free Member

Really enjoyed it
    Thanks guys
    Will be back next year

peachos
    Free Member

TimK – Member
    ace race put on by ace people. CX bike was the right choice without a doubt although new brake blocks got destroyed in 2hrs :-/

Thanks guys

Results are here

whoop! 2nd from bottom…that's 1 better than expected. i was 4th last year so as you can see consistency isn't my strongest trait.

mini manchester mountain bikers movie (plenty of crashes!)

rammyrunner
    Free Member

Anyone want to unpack a trailer full of event gear, give me a shout

cynic-al
    Free Member

Nice muddy fields!

rammyrunner
    Free Member

The best in Manchester 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Peachos, 1:35 and 2:00 are comedy gold!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I spy 2 of the 4 Bog Trotters entered in the 2nd shot. Nezbo 78 far left of shot and Jo (illegible) in blue 1/3 from left :}

tthew

Should be a lot cleaner next year or in the summer, between me and Pook there can't be any mud left in the park!

Thanks organisers and marshalls all, top day out.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

some more (pretty rubbish) photos here.

Harry_the_Spider

I bet that you were sick of the sight of your Marshal Point Number.

warton
    Free Member

well done to all concerned, a brilliant day out, muddy, wet and lots of falls, perfect!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

it was one of the more exciting parts of that area, the number.

tthew

Plenty of candidates there for A&A on Friday though xherbivorex!

RustySpanner

Well done lads – superb fun, a great course and really well organised.

All the mud you can eat or carry home, a black-eye from an over enthusiastic Ed-O and a very respectable 136th for team Spanner. 🙂

To the bloke on the crosser in the picture above the tricycling plod:
    Ms Spanner (marshalling near the ruptured ferret) says you can have your inner tube back, but you'll have to mend it yourself.

Nice to see everyone again – seemed to be mostly returnees from the previous two HTN races. Shows your doing something right.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Stunning day thrashing about in the gloop.Thanks to those stupid enough to keep putting these on.No thanks to Mr Richards/Oxley for the "words of encouragement" 😀
    Just looked at results….20th…how???WTF!!(bit 'appy)Its only me 4th ride this year!!-more beer methinks.

tthew

Ms Spanner (marshalling near the ruptured ferret

Was that Ms Spanner at the bottom of the steps then? Props to her! Second best mashalling point for encouragement, after the loonies at the bottom of False Teeth natch.

RustySpanner

Yep, she picked that one specially – she likes to see people suffer.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 142 total)

The topic ‘Hit the North – The show's over love, go home.’ is closed to new replies.