Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Hit the North Preview Ride – Sunday 23rd December
  • Harry_the_Spider

For whatever reason we are having a preview ride on Sunday morning, 2 months after the event sold out. So as an exercise in trying to drum up trade it would appear to be somewhat mistimed.

9:15 meet (yes 9:15 in the morning) at the new car park in Philips Park. Cross the motorway bridge then take the first right.

We’ll do all of the new trails and a lap of the course then some free style messing about afterwards.

The facilities in the park won’t be open, so have a poo before you set off.

See you there.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

It’s not miss timed, as you are opeing the entrants on New Years Day midnight aren’t you?

How long are you going to leave it open for?

BTW there will be about at least 7 Woollybacks there this Sunday morning, but I’ve invited all 30+ entrants that we have.

Harry_the_Spider

How long are you going to leave it open for?

Until they’ve all gone.

Harry_the_Spider

We’re not doing the Field Of Despair BTW.

The horror of that is reserved for race day. You can look at it but you can’t touch it.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Someone video it for first timers who can’t make it but want to see what they’ve let themselves in for 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Just imagine being repeatedly laughed at as you fall exhausted into frozen sh1t.

Junkyard
    Free Member

if it was the afternnon i could make it as it is have fun

hora
    Free Member

Im in. I’ll nudge pook and poppa

Pook

mum’s birthday on the 23rd, mini pook’s due date on race day.

edhornby

I’m in !!!

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Just imagine being repeatedly laughed at as you fall exhausted into frozen sh1t.

I can do that. 8)

sambob
    Free Member

I’m at work, enjoy it you lot 🙁

Harry_the_Spider

Ed. I’ll have to leave at about 10:40. If required can you take on guide duties around the larger trail network?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

How many cars can fit on the car park near the park area halfway down the hill?

terrahawk
    Free Member

How many cars can fit on the car park near the park area halfway down the hill?

you won’t get that far down the hill with a car as the gate will be locked.
    You’re better off parking on the road outside the park.

Harry_the_Spider

There is parking for 20 or so cars in the new car park with more spaces if required 150m further down the track that the new car park is on. Cross the bridge and take the first right. Car park is in front of you opposite the kiddies play area.

The car parks halfway down and at the bottom of the hill used for the event will be closed and the barriers locked. If the barrier at the top of the hill isn’t locked DON’T go down there in case it has been opened for an authorised vehicle. They will lock the gate after they leave and you will be stranded.

The plan is to ride some of the new stuff that won’t be used in the race down to the start line, then do a couple of laps before I have to clear off. After that you can do what you like. I’ll point you in the direction of some other bits before I go.

They have spent a shed load of money on the new trails so the course won’t be too much of a bog after all of this rain. I don’t see the point of doing The Field of Despair just for the hell of it and we can have a look at our Michelin Starred mud climb (you pay us a fortune and we feed you a small portion of crap) and make a decision there and then.

badllama
    Free Member

Just out of interest is there a map of the new trails online ? I live in Swinton so this is VERY local but never been there before, may not be able to make Sunday though 😕

Harry_the_Spider

Bury Council are sorting out some trail maps. As soon as they are available I will get one up on here. The way markers were put up in the last week or so but I’m not sure if any map boards have been installed yet.

The trails are being “soft launched” about now but the official opening will be at Hit the North on Feb 16th.

hora
    Free Member

I could practice my race heckling during this ride.

Harry_the_Spider

One race day we can sort you out with a high-viz vest and make you an official heckler if you like.

You can hold Binners’ cigs for him.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

There shout be 10 Woollybacks on Sunday

Harry_the_Spider

There will be plenty of space at the new car park. No time for buggering about I have to be away by about 10:40.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

So forget Jason’s comment about parking outside?

Harry_the_Spider

Middle car park is closed. Top one will be fine.

edhornby

Andy: you’ll think I’m mad saying this, but I don’t know it that well, I’ve only ridden it very rarely without it being taped off !!!

Harry_the_Spider

It can be an adventure for you all then.

frazered
    Free Member

am up for this, i have a place for HTN, so would be nice to know the route and conditions in advance

can’t see any mention on the woollybacks forum ?

derek_starship
    Free Member

Hope the weather clears up for you chaps.

Harry_the_Spider

I hope my recently flattened knacker clears up too, otherwise I’ll just be there in a “hanging about in the car park” capacity. 😕

JohnClimber
    Free Member

frazered – Member

am up for this, i have a place for HTN, so would be nice to know the route and conditions in advance

can’t see any mention on the woollybacks forum ?

It’s in the members only section, but there are 8 of us there tomorrow.

The forecast looks great for tomorrow.

My question is What factor sun cream will be needed for North manchester in December?

Or will the mud do the job?

Harry_the_Spider

If anyone wants to bring a camera…

frazered
    Free Member

Cheers for the route guiding this morn. My c456 was fun in the mud with some interesting moments.

Good to chat with many

Cheers
    Matt

simmy
    Free Member

The new trails are still not open – still got the Bury Council fences across

Any idea when they will be in use ?

Harry_the_Spider

The trails are being “soft launched” about now but the official opening will be at Hit the North on Feb 16th.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Cheers for the guiding this morning Harry.

I stayed until 1 and did a few more laps

Fastest lap was under 20 mins (but I did miss the climb 1/3rd of the way in back up to the field on this lap)

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Hit the North Preview Ride – Sunday 23rd December’ is closed to new replies.