Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)
  • Hit the North.
  • spillippe
    Free Member

There’s nothing like this event anywhere else in the world…FACT!

Jase – Once again IT WOZ AWESOME

Mr Sparkle – I think your Oakleys are now in the JMC van.

See you all in the pub tonight.

Glad you liked the posters. I printed them on a 1940’s letterpress I’m in the process of renovating. They were just the proofs I handed out. I’ve got some lovely heavy stock rag based paper in stock so I’ll get some details of how to get hold of one for anybody who missed out up on http://www.hitthenorth.net Let me know if you want some mud from the course rubbing in.
    Nice one Mr T and everybody else who got involved. Good to catch up with some old faces 🙂
    Warren

neil853
    Free Member

Brilliant event well done to all involved and a particular mention to the marshals!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rangerbill

Do we know when and where the results will be?

terrahawk
    Free Member

Mr Sparkle – I think your Oakleys are now in the JMC van.

I don’t think they are (were you thinking of Budge’s glasses that were on the dash?)

project
    Free Member

https://picasaweb.google.com/paulbikey/HITTHENORTHMANCHESTER#

Sorry i cant put the pictures up o their own.

Also featuring the broken bike.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I think on reflection this has to be the best event I’ve been to since SSWC 2007.

Thanks again to all for making it such a great day out.

They did promise us great weather and they delivered it.

lowey

Please move it a week later next year Jase!

Well done one and all… looked brilliant!

Rorschach
    Free Member

I would have liked it alot more if i only did one lap!!!Made the cut off to start a 6th lap with 2 minutes to spare and a cry of anguish-there was a gaggle of people hiding at the top of the last hike-a-bike section waiting it out so they would’nt have to!!I made a pact with someone that if they went ,then I’d go.I also made a non racing pact with someone I caught on the last lap so we would’nt have to sprint at the end.Racing HtN is so uncivilised 8)
    Great photos John btw.
    P.S Jase how about a month earlier and 8 hours longer? :mrgreen:

paul78
    Free Member

Rorschach, was it a VC Moulin rider you made the non racing packed with?? if so it was me 🙂 Very gentlemanly of you although soon as you said that my body gave in to hunger and I had to limp out the last lap.. I totally forgot to eat and drink during the race as there was always someone to chase

Was an awesome event… Well done all involved.. well worth my round trip from Newcastle and a permanent fixture in my diary for every year you are kind enough to organise it 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Just got back from the post race pisch up.

Muntered.

I love you all.

Over and out.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

well done guys for putting this on, gutted I couldn’t make it this year.

ourmaninthenorth

Yet again it was cracking.

In fact, the best yet, I think.

But, I rode SS and it’s still shagged the bike..! 😀

ollie
    Free Member

My first HTN and loved every minute of it, Big thanks to everyone involved.
    On the downside my bike IS shagged, On the last lap my rear mech and wheel had a little coming together and It took a little bending back into place and singlespeeding to the finish.
    My wife took some photos and I’ll post them up soon.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Don’t forget help yourself to my photos, if you use them put a quid in the mountain rescue tin please

8 Guess Who

RDL-82
    Free Member

Had a great time, first ever race, only managed 4 laps on the single speed (must fix the geared bike), but completely forgot to drink for the two hours and started flagging hugely at the end, wish I’d pushed it for another now.

What’s the average lap amount then?

Aslo how long before the results get posted?

Cheers to everyone involved, great day, time to go scrape the mud off everything 😀

Harry_the_Spider

4 laps is pretty respectable.

There were lots of broken bikes yesterday. Cooksons will probably be working night shifts this week to get them all fixed.

I was doing the sweeper lap (looking for bodies in ditches) following the last man out on the course and his bike ate his front mech. Unlucky.

DavidFelt
    Free Member

Another 4 lapper here, glad to hear thats respectable Harry!

Thoroughly enjoyed the day though, very well organised (shout to the two marshals near the motorway bridge, by far the most encouraging and friendly), very friendly and a good mix of riders and abilities/speeds.

Would have loved to have done a fifth (was well outside the time!) but the muddy conditions were definitely not agreeing with my Michelin Mountain DRY tyres (made it fun though, if a little scary!), I was another one not drinking/eating enough, just not enough places on the lap to throw something down!

Brilliant day though, topped off by my favorite lot of overpaid jessies doing me proud down the road in Stretford. 😉

Looking forward (I think) to seeing the final results, fingers crossed I’m not last!

tthew

@ RDL-82. Gears aren’t necessarily a great benefit on that course. On previous event’s I’ve found that after about a lap and a half you’re restricted to 2 or 3 ‘cos they’re all gummed up with grass and cack. No chain-suck with a single speeder either.

DavidFelt
    Free Member

Results up

link

130th (it says only 155 riders, what happened to the rest?

🙁

terrahawk
    Free Member
    terrahawk
    Free Member

130th (it says only 155 riders, what happened to the rest?

the list doesn’t include DNFs

DavidFelt
    Free Member

the list doesn’t include DNFs

Phew! How many starters terra?

terrahawk
    Free Member

about 180-ish. 219 on the start list.

edhornby

brilliant !!!! mud everywhere… my bike is gonna need some serious work to clean and fettle properly…

the best bit, Brants little dog at his stand 🙂

looking forward to the next one

Rorschach
    Free Member

Missed a top ten by one place 😕 I knew I should’nt have been so chivalrous to you paul78 😳
    Too good an event to ruin by racing tho!!At least my form is returning….slowly.

Vortexracing

whoops 😳

4 laps and 138th

a little embarrasing

note to self ‘must try harder’

RustySpanner

Missed a top ten by one place

144 places for me 😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

I suspect that if I had ridden at 100% and battered myself I could have been 3-4 places higher….and not enjoyed the whole thing one bit.
    Not doing the Dyfi this year because I buried myself for a result last year…..and hated every minute of it!!

sturider

Thank you soo much to everyone who helped and supported a great event. My first race for 12 years. 5 laps of grinning, skidding, chainsuck and smiles. Thank you to the 2 ladies cheering by the motorway.

brant
    Free Member

Not my dog. Will Longdens dog.

NonStopNun
    Free Member

That looks like a fun event would it make a good first race for a 50 year old who only rides to work and odd 5 mile ride with my daughter to have a go at ?.

ton

non stop nun…………it would be perfect, cos it is 100% fun. 8)

h4muf
    Free Member

76th in my first ever bike event!

Just need a new cx frame now though 😥

terrahawk
    Free Member

did anyone find a pair of shoes in the car park?
    Someone’s contacted me to ask if they were handed in.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider – Member
    4 laps is pretty respectable.

I’m happy with it, I was smiling at the end, thats the main thing.

tthew – Member
    @ RDL-82. Gears aren’t necessarily a great benefit on that course.

Purely a desire from a totally out of shape after a few months laid up after breaking myself. If I’d been fitter I wouldn’t have even considered gears.

Really hope the event was a success and that we see another in the summer/winter, I want to sign up now 😀

ollie
    Free Member

Some photos my darling wife took of the day.
    flickr

I see I finished 119th, Gutted my bike died on the 4th lap as I’d have managed another one.( easy to say now! )

Harry_the_Spider

More pictures.

cp

Really quite chuffed with my 21st place- on my hastily assembled single speed mtb 🙂

Great event- hats off to everyone involved in organising! My first winter one, but I will be back!!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Hit the North.’ is closed to new replies.