Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hit jump with lock out enabled on Suntour Epicon fork
  • akaskittles
    Free Member

Hi, on Friday i had a bad crash, injured wrist elbow and concussion. I decided to check the damage to my bike. Specifically the Voodoo Bokor (some of you may know the brand)

My rear wheel is busted, the rim is bent. I don’t think it can be fixed since the rim is bent. THEN i checked the fork and noticed that the lockout doesn’t work anymore in what ever position.

Then it hit me, the reason why i had the crash and **** the bike and myself up was because i had been a stupid **** and was messing around with the lockout.. The fork feels fine apart from that the lockout is busted, but is there any internal damage?

akaskittles
    Free Member

Also as a side note, is there an easy way to test?

nickdavies

Blown oil past the seals sounds likely to me, probably need strip and service to check.

khani
    Free Member

There might be a bit of metal floating around inside the fork, I think they’re a mechanical lockout rather than a hydraulic lockout with a blow off valve, you’ve probably broke off a pin or something that the lever throws to lock the fork out,
    Tbh they’re not the best fork anyway and even if you didn’t leave it locked it’d break sooner or later if your jumping on it,
    If it’s working ok I’d leave it for a bit and save up for something a bit better, you can get rockshox sectors for not a lot if you look around

cynic-al
    Free Member

…if it’s an oil damped fork

winch
    Free Member

You’ll not be making that mistake again 😛

Deveron53
    Free Member

I’d check the steerer tube as well. If you’ve landed with that much force, you may have bent the top end slightly.

akaskittles
    Free Member

I’m planning check the headset and bb but i don’t have the tools to check the forks. I can see one allen bolt on the bottom of the fork and i have a key for it but apart from that i don’t have anything else needed to check the fork. Also As for the landing force, i really don’t think it was that great, the lockout was just on so the shock though me off the bike.

akaskittles
    Free Member

You’ll not be making that mistake again

well, nope 😛

akaskittles
    Free Member

Ok, quick update.. THE LOCKOUT WORKS AGAIN! no idea how or why but i’m guessing that it didn’t like being stored up side down but yesterday i flipped it round and put the wheels back on and today the lockout works 😀 no idea how?

steveh

That could be because the oil takes time to drain back down to the bottom of the leg and when upside down there is no oil for a hydraulic lockout to work with. Flip the bike back up the right way, the oil goes back to where it should and all is ok.

akaskittles
    Free Member

That could be because the oil takes time to drain back down to the bottom of the leg and when upside down there is no oil for a hydraulic lockout to work with. Flip the bike back up the right way, the oil goes back to where it should and all is ok.

good to know, thanks.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hit jump with lock out enabled on Suntour Epicon fork’ is closed to new replies.