Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Hit by a car and apparantly it was my fault!
  • gmex619
    Free Member

Alright so I went too the local Asda today which has a private carpark. I was walking from the shop too my car over the carpark as you have too because there is not a walkway as such.

As I’m walking across the car park a person in a LandRover comes into the car park and turns down the row I’m walking down. So I move right too the side (under 12″ from the cars parked up, the row is wide enough for 2 cars at a time.) I’m walking with the flow of traffic on the side I’m on. So towards the car. And the driver decides too drive towards me and hits me with thier wing mirror in the arm (I have a bruise. So I shout some (1 word) mild profanity at her “stupid b***h”. And she gets out of the car and starts having a huge rant at me because it’s my fault apparantly. I pointed out that they drove towards me and I had no room too avoid them because I was right by the cars. She says that if there is any damage too the car I’m expected too pay for repairs. At which point I told her too go f*** herself and said that she hit me so she’s in the wrong.

I’m fine besides a bruise. Didn’t take any details or anything but I could in theory ask for a security camera tape copy too prove the incident.

I’m mainly posting as a bit of a rant because it really gets on my nerves that people care that little. Almost any other day I’d of had a child with me and this person could of hit them instead.

Rant over.

bobgarrod
    Free Member

Glad you are not badly hurt. It always amazes me the number of drivers in supermarket car parks who are surprised to see you waking to and from your car – how do they expect to get from the car to to supermarket and back ?

althepal

I would have asked for details and if not provided report them..
    The car has hit you, a collision has occurred and if they were being **** about it then **** ’em.

althepal

Oh- didn’t realise the first one was a sweary word!

Twit too hoo, maybe it was an owl.

willber
    Free Member

Hi Gmex

I’m pretty sure the fact that its a car park has no bearing on the incident – public have access to it, so I think its covered by certain traffic laws. On that basis, a car has struck a pedestrian, and unless the pedestrian acted in a wreck less or unpredictable manner (eg you ran out in front of the car without reason/warning), then the fault will generally rest with the driver. I would report the matter to the police – more because of her attitude and lack of awareness. Asda probably wont release the cctv to you, but they will to the police. The police will take it more seriously if you report an injury – even a minor,such as aching shoulder 😉 I would make a claim against her too (if the police are able to trace the vehicle).

flippinheckler
    Free Member

No point in ranting when you didn’t even take any details, reg no at the very least call the police there and then. People like this lady in her big car need to be reported.

aP
    Free Member

When they start ranting, hold your arm, look miserable, and just say, “ow, ow, I think my arm is broken, I’ll need to go to hospital, obviously I’ll need your insurance details right now please”.
    I had a women drive at me a few years ago and hit me hard enough to break the door mirror. She got back in her car and drove off at fairly promptly. Arm still hurt though.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Stop moaning to us and call the police ffs.

DezB
    Free Member

Makes you wonder what people like that would do if a kid got ‘in their way’.. Just plough over it I guess.

franksinatra

Won’t somebody think of the children?!

Oh, you did. Well done!

cloudnine
    Free Member

A landrover smashed my wing mirror off the other week when id pulled in to let him passed. When I eventually caught up with him he told me its was my fault for not pulling over far enough. Id have got their reg and reported them to the police and be tempted to visited the hospital for an xray

gordimhor

Obviously she was in asda when she should have gone to specsavers 🙂 Seriously report it she could be out there causing a more serious accident.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Should have kicked the wing mirror off, as it’s doubtful it would ever be used for it’s primary purpose.

Cletus

I would have waited until she parked and then let all her tyres down then secreted myself nearby to enjoy her rage!

Sum
    Free Member

OP, go back to the supermarket, explain what happened and ask to see the camera footage so you can get the VRN to report to the police/claim on insurance etc. If they won’t show you fib and tell them that the police won’t do anything without the registration and hint that you might try and claim of their insurance instead.

Once you got the reg, go to police and report that you were knocked down, the driver gave you verbal abuse and refused to exchange details etc.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Revenge is all you should have thought about, next time wait and watch as she returns to her car laden with shopping and realises that all 4 tyres are flat.

The best look I’ve seen on some ones face was when I zip tied a shopping trolley to the front bumper of a car, he didnt even notice it there as he reversed out or for at least 5 yards moving forwards :-):-)

prettygreenparrot

time to call the police. And might that damaged arm stop you working effectively?

globalti
    Free Member

She hit a pedestrian. Simple. She’s at fault.

dogbert
    Free Member

bigyinn
    Free Member

Never mind them ^^^^
    Get on to the police.
    Regardless of where you were, you were there visible and she hit you. If she can’t spot basic hazards then she should be bloody driving.
    To try and say you didn’t get out of her way is ridiculous. What would she do if you were walking along the side of the road with no pavement? Just mow you down?
    Glad you’re not hurt, but people like that need their attitudes adjusting pronto. If it was me I’d prob have smashed the wing mirror off in a rage and ended up being done for criminal damage. 😥

drlex
    Free Member

I would have waited until she parked and then let all her tyres down then secreted myself nearby to enjoy her rage!

I’m sorry to relate that I did this to the daft trollop who almost knocked me off my bike in the car park, although just the one tyre. I came out of the supermarket just after her and watched her drive off, oblivious to the decrease on handling and destruction of the tyre. I now just leave a “you drive like a ****” card under the wiper to satisfy my passive-aggressive tendencies.

sbob
    Free Member

She shouldn’t have a licence, report.

IanW
    Free Member

If you haven’t got a witness its unlikely to go anywhere.

Should have sorted it there and then or taken details.

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Have you contacted the Police yet?

samuri
    Free Member

That bruise on your arm, is it also affecting your neck? And memory loss? Can you still see properly? Is your cock getting shorter? And now you have an innate fear of Range Rovers?

Sancho
    Free Member

I wouldnt call the police because they might trip up and hurt their arm and take six weeks off work and still need help readjusting to work and sue you for not protecting them when interviewing you.

smell_it
    Free Member

I would have jizzed on her car, and then set fire to it.*

*the car that is, last time i checked my jizz wasn’t flammable. But if it was, that would be super cool.

FuzzyWuzzy

Probably pointless now but if it’s annoyed you enough to warrant starting a thread then IMO you have three options, but the decision needs to be taken when the incident happens:
    1). Take immediate action (not recommended, likely to end up with you in trouble, not like you can hit a woman anyway)
    2). Revenge – damage their car after they park it. Bit cowardly although might be a worthwhile option in extreme circumstances.
    3). Get witnesses, contact police, pursue claim for injury. They won’t learn anything from you having a reasoned argument with them, only financial or judicial action will get them to take any notice/change their behaviour

stimpy
    Free Member

Should have taken details and reported to police.

She clearly couldn’t care less about what/who she hits.

Such unbelievably poor driving/inability to comprehend the consequences of striking others with over a ton of moving metal should always have consequences (IMHO).

On the same morning that this is reported.

🙁

gonzy
    Free Member

If she can’t spot basic hazards then she should be bloody driving.

😆 really?! 😆

garage-dweller

Report report report!

She is a bloody menace if not for hitting you for her crap attitude when she did.

bigyinn
    Free Member

gonzy – Member

If she can’t spot basic hazards then she should be bloody driving.

really?!
    Errm, no. Whats a little n’t between friends? 😳

garage-dweller

I think an n’t is strictly a measure equivalent to the wing mirror width of a four wheel drive plus a small margin of error.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Go and get footage, take her to the cleaners.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

It never ceases to amaze me that ineptness of drivers on the roads these days that are happy to put themselves and others at risk for god knows what reason.

I was driving along the motorway yesterday behind a Mondeo, overtaking cars, when some **** in a Skoda Octavia with his 3 fashionable mates flies up behind me and starts flashing the lights about 5 foot off my back bumper. he had to wait until I passed the traffic then pulled back in, he then proceeds to sit right up the arse of the Mondeo flashing the lights and hanging all over the white line. Thing is he ended up forcing the hand of the Mondeo driver who proceeded to sit at a steady 65 in the fast lane seemingly just to piss off the Octavia ****, and the Octavia **** didn’t have the balls or skill to undertake like most **** on the road.

I did spend an inordinate amount of time enjoying the fantasy of the 4 ponces burning to death in the remains of their Octavia having hit a bridge……but thats just me

spacemonkey

You should have done this:

gonzy
    Free Member

Errm, no. Whats a little n’t between friends?

i thought as much…i knew what you were getting at… 😀
    i would have gone back in for a few potatoes and stuffed them into her exhaust and possibly superglued her windows shut…

gonzy
    Free Member

or even this for added dramatic effect..

CountZero

I was driving along the motorway yesterday behind a Mondeo, overtaking cars, when some **** in a Skoda Octavia with his 3 fashionable mates flies up behind me and starts flashing the lights about 5 foot off my back bumper. he had to wait until I passed the traffic then pulled back in, he then proceeds to sit right up the arse of the Mondeo flashing the lights and hanging all over the white line. Thing is he ended up forcing the hand of the Mondeo driver who proceeded to sit at a steady 65 in the fast lane seemingly just to piss off the Octavia ****, and the Octavia **** didn’t have the balls or skill to undertake like most **** on the road.

I did spend an inordinate amount of time enjoying the fantasy of the 4 ponces burning to death in the remains of their Octavia having hit a bridge……but thats just me
    Well, it makes a change for it to be a Skoda driver being ranted about instead of Audi or BMW drivers.
    😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Hit by a car and apparantly it was my fault!’ is closed to new replies.