Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Hit and run this morning !!!!!!!
  • uwe-r
    Free Member

Got hit this morning. I was in a bus lane not much traffic around. Me doing 28mph cars going past a bit faster. BMW going same way as me so must of overtaken me earlier decides to slow and pull across the bus lane right into me. I hit the back of his car having had about half a second to break so a massive hit. Wrecked my forks front wheel and face on his rear near side and then went flying. He drove off!

sobriety
    Free Member

You in London? As the bus lane will be covered by a camera if you are.

spawnofyorkshire

Get on to the police. Get a crime number and give them time, location etc.
    Are you alright?

nbt

as above, report it, see if there’s coverage. Hope you;re ok.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Always a tricky one when you go into the back of a car…he could say he was avoiding something and claim on you for the damage to his car. You’d need witnesses to back you up.

edit Ah…I see you have, well good luck finding the Twunt!

uwe-r
    Free Member

Police were called to the scene and I’ve been in ae all morning. Hyde rd bus lane in mcr, police didnt think there were going to be cameras but they are looking. There was a really nice couple who stopped, as the guy drove off he tried to chase him to get the reg but he was burning it off knowing what was going on.

Loads of witnesses, shocking driving. I was going fast but was not in his blind spot. He slowed as I thing he new I was there he just thought he’d get round in front of me! Dick!

ads678

That’s shit, hope you’re ok and the bastard gets caught and punished!

garage-dweller

Sorry to hear this.
    Report it as above what the **** is wrong with Britain’s drivers that they do this sort of thing!!!

This is part of the responsibility of being a driver… Grrrrrrrr….

racefaceec90

as said i hope you are ok,and that they catch the knob!

longwayhome
    Free Member

Bloody annoyed to hear this.

Get one of these for about £35. Memory card for about £7. It’s not a GoPro but it’s good enough to show what happened and capture number plates and faces.

The ******* won’t get away with it next time.

DezB
    Free Member
    PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Sorry to read this, glad you’re OK. Hope the fuzz get the shyster.

cookeaa

police didnt think there were going to be cameras but they are looking.

Push them, They have the time and location of the incident the vehicles direction of approach and fleeing the scene, the make and model of the car It will have been caught on some CCTV at some point within the preceding/following 3-8 minutes, that might not be direct evidence but it’s a Reg’ number and Plod can go and look at the thing for evidence of the incident….

Plus their leaving the scene should raise their suspicions a shade IMO…

Healing Vibes OP

uwe-r
    Free Member

I have thought of one of those cameras but I have done this commute for nearly 10 years and not needed one until today. Pros and cons of sorting a camera out every ride and the odds of such an incident but it would of nailed him for undue care and leaving the scene today! Dick, hope he’s shitting himself.

stevie750

Any actual buses near as they may have cctv in them

brooess
    Free Member

Good luck catching him. Driving really does seem to bring out the very worst in people sometimes…

natrix
    Free Member

Good luck with recovery and catching the bell-end.

28mph is an impressive commuting speed 8)

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Should you find the stupid driver.

Get well soon too.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Hope its not more than grazes and bruises. Don’t let it put you off. People are arseholes.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Hit and run this morning !!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.