Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Historians hair?
  • bowglie

Bethany Hughes is on BBC4 at the mo., and she appears to have punched her syrup back off Neil Oliver. Surely it’s not only me that’s noticed they have the same hair?!

Anyway, there’s already been two walking-talk to camera with hair blowing in the wind, and we’re only 20 mins in. I hope that syrup has got an equity card!

shermer75
    Free Member

Cut backs

jools182
    Free Member

Suzannah Lipscomb has lovely hair

bowglie

Ah yes, we’ll know it’s Beeb cut backs if Lipscomb’s syrup appears on another historian – David Starkey could do with a bit of glamming up:))

shermer75
    Free Member

That would be genuinely amazing

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Brick wall, Eglish bond – check
    Dark blue jacket – check
    Pink shirt – check
    Button undone – Fail

tang
    Free Member

Neil Oliver has the worst hair style for a show called ‘Coast’. I have nearly waist length hair and a whisp of wind sees it tied neatly away. I wonder how much production time has gone into working out prevailing winds and Neil’s hair?

timidwheeler

*screams and runs away*

slackalice
    Free Member

Brick wall, Eglish bond – check
    Dark blue jacket – check
    Pink shirt – check
    Button undone – Fail check
    Thin lips -Fail

FIFY

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bethany Hughes is a dead ringer for my sister, theres a slight accent mismatch but that accepted you’d think they were twins, including the hair.

When Bethany first appeared on BBC4 a few years back I stood back from the TV in amazement, then called my sister who promptly answered the phone, so clearly not her on TV then 😆

As is, Bethany is a nice presenter, nice in a way that the information is contained within a passive voice, delivered with a ever so slight smugness and produced by someone who has more interest in 70’s soft focus’isms obliterated with the trend to iPhone shoot the occasional off table jaunty wobble slight skin revealing money shot.

As for Ms Lipscomb ^^ nice enough, annoying speech delivery and ever so too much hobby horse merry-go-round prancing just out of shot for my liking. You’re right though, nice hair.

bowglie

The be-wigged Starley is a far better look IMO. Given his opinions on female history presenters, methinks he would struggle during the syrup fitting:))

I wonder how much production time has gone into working out prevailing winds and Neil’s hair?

I imagine quite a lot – he’s definately has less control of the syrup than Bettany Hughes…..or is it that he just enjoys tossing his hair more….sunk snuk. Even though I’m a member of the hair bear bunch, I can’t help shouting ‘get you hair cut’ when Oliver flounces on the screen.

bowglie

Oh, I’ve just remembered a long haired fella who worked at one of my former workplaces. The boss called the fella ‘My Little Pony’, because he had a reputation of having hissy fits and storming out of meetings. Apparently he’d flick his pony tail over his shoulder as he stormed off – in a sort of 8 year old girl type fashion. The beaut is that the guy was/is also a history buff……..what are the chances of that!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Historians hair?’ is closed to new replies.