Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hire bikes, what security?
  • nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

I was thinking of hiring out bikes but I was wondering what security you take when you're hiring out such an expensive piece of equipment and the ramifications of it being stolen while in their possession or damage occurring etc. etc.???

Does anyone out there hire bikes?

Thanks

joemarshall
    Free Member

When I hired a bike in Italy, it had big stickers on it with the name of the hire company (and it was written on in marker too).

They took any kind of thing with a photo of you on it as security (I left my university staff card).

That was not at all a fancy bike though, probably a £300 bike at most, I'd imagine with more expensive bikes it is much more of a worry.

Joe

uplink
    Free Member

When I've hired bikes in the past – they've taken a swipe of my credit card

trail_rat
    Free Member

when ive hired bikes ive left my credit card or driving licence.

at laggan and glentress

When i hired bikes in austrailia they just took a 50 dollar deposit

More expensive bike id expect it to work like a car where they take a cash bond.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Ring round a few hire companys posing as a customer – or just check out thier web sites for details?

MrTall
    Free Member

Rutland cycles hire out reasonably good bikes i think. As long as you're not going to be direct competition for them you could try speaking to one of their staff for some pointers?

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Great, thanks very much for all your help so far. I'll make a few calls. It won't be in competition with anyone so should be all good.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hire bikes, what security?’ is closed to new replies.