Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • HiLo service kit
  • paladin

Where from? Assuming I can get it out the frame intact, at the very least it’ll need a seal kit.

dvatcmark
    Free Member

Think you’ll need to speak to upgrade bikes

binners

This is quite well timed. I just came on to ask the same question. I can’t seem to find one anywhere. Mine vomited it’s inards out all over my frame last night, in a foamy, bubbling mess! There’s a lot of oil in them, isn’t there? Or there WAS a lot of oil in mine. No longer.

Luckily it was on the last descent home, when the top seal completely blew. Not the furthest point away from home. So i’m thankful for small mercies.

I’ve now had to replace it with a bog standard alloy seat tube. Oh, the ignominy!!!

paladin

I made mistake of trying to lower mine a little in the tube before I went out on a ride. Seems its seized in there, and the subsequent abuse I gave it resulted in it neither staying up if I want it to be up, or down if I want it to be down.
    If the penetrating oil doesn’t do its job today, then I’ll be using a stilson to remove it, which will probably mean I won’t need a seal kit any more.

binners

Don’t try and turn your seat tube. Take your wheels off, put the seat in a vice, and turn the frame, to give you more leverage. It’ll probably free up with a bang.

tomnavman
    Free Member

The seal kits are on back order for a month from upgrade, mine did exactly what you guys have described recently as well!

stevenk4563
    Free Member

Got my seal kit from TF Tuned.

paladin

Yep, tftuned have them for £25, but you have to call them.
    I, on the other hand, don’t need to call them, as I cracked the post removing it 😳

nickc

Paladin, I’ve a 30.6 Hilo SL if that’s of any use, yours for the £75 it took to service it a couple of weeks ago.

paladin

Thanks nick, but I just ordered a reverb………. Along with an aeris 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘HiLo service kit’ is closed to new replies.