Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Hillsborough inquests – guilty or not?
  • chewkw
    Free Member

Folks,

What is your opinion ‘Hillsborough inquests: David Duckenfield admits causing 96 deaths’.

Guilty or not guilty?

Or is he a fall guy?

Who is/are actually guilty?

😐

MoreCashThanDash

An inquest doesn’t establish “guilt”?

thegreatape
    Free Member

The choice of verdicts at an inquest is different to the criminal verdicts of guilty/not guilty.

chewkw
    Free Member

MoreCashThanDash – Member

An inquest doesn’t establish “guilt”?

I don’t know hence asking …

I used the words “guilty or not” because of my assumption that barristers are involved etc so there must be something to do with law? No?

thegreatape – Member

The choice of verdicts at an inquest is different to the criminal verdicts of guilty/not guilty.

I see …

ton

football fans behaved like animals prior to this event, (they still do).
    hence the reason to cage them in like such. without the cages this tragedy would not have happened.

these are my views on the hillsborough tragedy.

bearnecessities

Ton, there’s trolling, and there’s lighting an enormous tasteless fuse.
    3, 2, 1 etc.

chewkw
    Free Member

ton – Member

hence the reason to cage them in like such. without the cages this tragedy would not have happened.

these are my views on the hillsborough tragedy.

Absolutely agree.

Is he guilty or the fans?

bearnecessities – Member

3, 2, 1 etc.

Absolutely no trolling here.

I just feel sad to see people are still suffering and need to blame someone(s) for the event, hence I want to find out the general consensus.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Ton makes a valid point and he is correct in what he says.

However, the authorities royally **** things up. They had no release mechanism on the cages and the crowd control was zero.

ton

bearnecessities – Member
    3, 2, 1 etc.

not trolling mate, just my views on the thing.
    cant see why my statement would offend anyone.

MartynS

careful…

It’s still a live trial, be careful with comments…

chewkw
    Free Member

MartynS – Member

careful…

It’s still a live trial, be careful with comments…

Arrgggghhh … ok, I think we stop here to avoid anyone getting into some sort troubles.

😯

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

South Yorkshire police have got to be the biggest bunch of wombats ever to wear the uniform! Not just Hillsborough but a catalogue of mistakes and corrupt actions in recent times.

TheFlyingOx

I kind of feel for the guy for his initial actions – stuck between and rock and a hard place. If he hadn’t opened the gates, folks would have been injured on the outside.

Having said that, after the initial incident the police actions were reprehensible – preventing ambulances onto the pitch, trying to block supporters from leaving the stands, etc. – and if he had anything to do with that then he should certainly be punished.

My own feelings are that the tragedy was a direct result of the decision to use a football ground with a woefully restricted and inadequate entrance, namely the West Stand/Leppings Lane end, and to give that end to arguably the biggest club in England at the time. Why isn’t anyone who made that decision up in court? And why was a football ground with no safety certificate allowed to host any matches, never mind a FA Cup semi-final?

I was 9 at the time, living in Hillsborough, and I still remember people roaming the streets well into the night desperately looking for family and friends that they’d arrived with and subsequently lost.

the-muffin-man

Have you been to many football matches lately?

wallop

Does the OP actually ride a bike?

ton

muffin man…….no i have not, but i was in a far right group in the 80’s. we went to plenty, and not for football.

project
    Free Member

Best to be careful what you say, contempt of court and all that law speak

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/take-care-hillsborough-solicitor-general-8853834

bearnecessities

I was 9 at the time, living in Hillsborough, and I still remember people roaming the streets well into the night desperately looking for family and friends that they’d arrived with and subsequently lost.

..and that is something that those that consider themselves big potatoes should consider before commenting.

the-muffin-man

You can’t compare the 80’s to now though. I wouldn’t go anywhere near a football ground back then. But now I have no problem taking my 11 year old daughter to see Derby play a few times a season.

Cougar

Folks,

I’m going to close this. Partly because [insert “well, that escalated quickly” .gif here] but largely because there’s already a thread discussing this as of yesterday.

Cool your jets first, and then go to http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/hillsborough-police-officer-accepts-responsibility

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Hillsborough inquests – guilty or not?’ is closed to new replies.