Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hiking / Light Weight Bivi Rucksack Recommendations
  • bentos
    Free Member

Looking for a hiking day sack that would also hold enough for overnight bivi trips. Currently looking at either an Osprey talon 33 or an Osprey Stratos 36.

Anyone had any experience of the above or any other recommendations of bags I should be considering?

Thanks

stevemorg2

very happy with my OMM sac – used it on the bike and for walking

duckman

Omm is very good,can’t go wrong with an osprey,or the Millet 35 (1200g) I am about to put on the classifieds. 😀

surfer
    Free Member

I have the larger OMM bag and its good for lightweight faster stuff but I think a little fragile for everyday. I have a heavier Berghaus thats years old but tough as old boots. Great to shove stuff in/sit on etc without worrying about ripping the fabric.

flatfish
    Free Member

Talon 33 is too big, have a look at the 22

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am a big fan of berhaus. I have several of their rucksacs including an arete 30 and a freeflow 50. The freeflow also comes in a 35

duckman

Another point, durability will come at the price of weight.As Surfer said,omm stuff has a reputation of being a bit delicate,but is so light that it will float away when you stop for a break,however for me at 6″2″ it is not comfy for a couple of days.For a bivvy trip I use a crux ak37,couple of nights with tent an ak47.They are really light,but are comfortable as well as they have an alu frame.That may be a consideration if you are doing overnighters with a fair bit of walking/biking.While you can bivvy with a 22l sack,my opinion;and that is all it is,is that 30ish is about the best size.

bentos
    Free Member

Thanks for the info guys. Thinking a lightweight pack may not be the best if it is going to compromise on durability, especially with my tendancy for a few acrobatic dismounts.

woffle
    Free Member

I’ve got an Aiguille Zenith that I was planning on selling if you’re interested. It’s a climbing pack so is pretty lightweight and at 47 litres it’s more suitable for carrying enough kit for an overnight stop…

more info on their site here

Let me know if you’re interested and I can send some pics over.

heihei

Another Crux fan here. My AK47 is big enough for a bothy trip (and therefore prob bivvie too), and stands up to the abuse of winter climbing / scrambling no problem.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hiking / Light Weight Bivi Rucksack Recommendations’ is closed to new replies.