Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Hiking boots that are smart enough for work
  • spudly1979
    Free Member

As it says on the tin I suppose, i’m after some comfy, practical boots for work in an office setting, but relatively casual dress code.

Any suggestions?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Altberg?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m guessing something leather….

However is the carpet rough in places or the stairs a little tricky? Why would you want to stomp round in boots all day?

spudly1979
    Free Member

I just find them comfy!

jsync

Hitec Magnum?

boots

hammyuk
    Free Member

Salomon Quest 4D – I live in mine, on the 3rd pair in a row.

inbred853

Have a look at Brasher boots

Onzadog
    Free Member

I did this many moons ago. A pair of brasher because they also made them in black. Bit of polish and they were smarter that most people’s footwear.

scaredypants

something that’ll take a crampon at a pinch – in case some ice gets spilt from a drink, say

IanW
    Free Member

Been wearing Brasher Hillmasters this week, I have shoes at work and intended to change once there but so far havent bothered.

garethcolins89
    Free Member

Meindl burma or borneo, both very good boots, go for the goretex ones if you cant be bothered to look after them too much

Keen do a wide range of shoes/boots – that’s if you can get past their “special” toe.

matttromans
    Free Member

Some Rohans might fit the bill.

petersnell
    Free Member

Danner are worth a look.

Dangerboy
    Free Member

I bought some bargin Smith & Wesson ones a year or so ago.
    Despite their fugly looks, I’ll be wearing them around the office all day today because I somehow managed to pack mismatched work shoes.

Sodajim

Timberland any good? Bit pricier but they have the sale on at the moment.

I picked up a pair of these to replace my last pair that I wore the sole out on but that took 4 years and the uppers are fine.

http://www.timberlandonline.co.uk/on/demandware.store/Sites-TBLGB-Site/default/Search-Show?cgid=sale_mens_footwear&pid=6225R&start=68&source=search&color=242

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Hiking boots that are smart enough for work’ is closed to new replies.