Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Highland accomodation
  • chriswilk
    Free Member

Any recommendations for some highland accomodation?

Looking for a B&B/self catering/cheap hotel in the Kingussie/Aviemore area for the family. 2 adults and kids aged 9, 7 and 1.

Also looking for a bike friendly B&B in Braemar as a stop over on a 2 day cairngorm route.

thanks in advance

chriswilk
    Free Member

anyone??

donald
    Free Member

The Braemar Lodge is bike friendly – has drying rooms and even laundry if you ask nicely.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

The Aviemore bunkhouse is pretty good.

Northwind

Aviemore bunkhouse is great but not for kids this age.

chriswilk
    Free Member

I've found something for the family in the Aviemore area – self catering at the Auld Poor house in Kingussie.

I'll look at the Breamar Lodge

cheers

Northwind

Spittal of Glenshee hotel is very nice… Though I'll admit I've never stayed there but the atmosphere and food is absolutely fantastic, and I've never heard a bad word about the rooms etc. Ah, I remember stopping in there after crossing the lecht then glenshee in the bloody snow, on a motorbike, never once below the cloud base for about 4 hours, and stepped into this absolute blast furnace, with a pile of peats as high as your head on the fire, perfection. I almost never got home :mrgreen:

druidh
    Free Member

… and scones the size of dinner plates….

clareymorris

Fairwinds Chalets

Stayed in the smaller one of these last week – very nice and reasonable too.

Northwind

…and burgers you could kill a dinosaur with.

Hal
    Free Member

try Ballater, this place http://www.habitat-at-ballater.com/ and this site http://www.9zerofreewheelers.co.uk. 8)

chriswilk
    Free Member

Spittal of Glenshee looks good.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Highland accomodation’ is closed to new replies.