Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • High volume UST front tyres
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

What’s good?

Preferably not DH weight

racing_ralph
    Free Member

2.35 bonty acx

mboy
    Free Member

Bontrager ACX 2.35″ get the thumbs up from me. OK, not fully UST (You need to use sealant), but they’re lighter than a full UST tyre and you should always use a bit of sealant anyway IMO.

Or there’s the Bontrager Big Earl’s in 2.35″ too.

Always Maxxis High Roller LUST 2.35″ too, though these will be expensive, and I’ve only seen them in the Super Tacky Compound which is sooooooooft and sloooooooow for anything other than DH riding.

Filthy
    Free Member

2.4 schwalbe fat alberts, if they are half as good as the non ust version they should be excellent

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks might have a try with a High Roller

scruff
    Free Member

Ive got High roller UST 2.3 and Bonty ACX 2.35, much prefer Bonty, alot faster rolling with near as much grip. No probs ripping on rocks at lakes / peaks.

chakaping
    Free Member

I don’t think my LUST HR is the Super Tacky compound, fwiw.

Rubber Queen 2.4 has even more volume, rode them on a demo bike, quite impressed.

scruff
    Free Member

My UST HRs are 42a. Couldnt get 60a.

DeeW
    Free Member

Big fan of 2.4 Schwalbe Fat Albert’s : about 950g if I remember right, and come up fairly big (bigger than a Maxxis 2.35: about the same size as a Minion / HighRoller 2.5)

Much less vulnerable to pinches than Maxxis LUSTs.

Good allrounder: fairly fast roller (but then I’m used to dual ply 2.5 supertacky highrollers so others might disagree!)and good in mud & dry.

D

PJ266
    Free Member

The 2.35 lust high rollers are listed as being 42a, but theyre not, theyre 60a. I have both the supertacky “silkworm” highrollers and the lust highrollers and there is a massive difference in the compounds.

Yetiman
    Free Member

Currently running a combination of 2.35 Fat Albert rear and 2.4 Big Betty front. The Big Betty comes up quite light at 800g and the Fat Albert is around 950g. Both UST versions.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘High volume UST front tyres’ is closed to new replies.