Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • High street is in “condition today”
  • fullbouncebill
    Free Member

Cracking ride over High Street today (North Lakes)no bogs,easy climbs,good company, what more do you need in a great day out!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

TOTTY!! But you had that too :o)

Oxboy
    Free Member

was there a nice pub at the end?

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

We ended up at the Applepie in Ambleside,much liquids consumed because the camel backs were frozen up for most of the day!

We put a van at Troutbeck on friday night, but rode from Penrith so it was a pretty long day,

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

nuther pic

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

andanouther!

tankslapper
    Free Member

Walked High Street years ago when I was at Newton Rigg – lovely ‘quiet’ part of the Lakes.

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

sfb,very lucky to have such “top totty” with me, THREE today!

am i doing something right for a change?

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

“tankslapper”

Its usually pretty quiet although there were plenty of walkers out today,We did it North to south, and traditionally its the wrong way! However we did a bit of cheeky stuff via Ill bell and Yoke to Garburn as its recentley been upgraded (Repaired) and a much more preferable decent/climb than into the troutbeck valley.ahem!

High street is usually very boggy at the best of times but we really were lucky today,its best done after a really long dry spell or a decent frost!

there was lots of ice on Garburn though,that was the only real problem all day.

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

sfb,very lucky to have such “top totty” with me, THREE today!

am i doing something right for a change?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘High street is in “condition today”’ is closed to new replies.