Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • High Rollers vs Minions (2.35)
  • minzo
    Free Member

not sure which to get for the front of my cove stiffee

thv3
    Free Member

Minion, better cornering characteristics for the front end.

Supertacky further increases traction depending how hard you are pushing it.

_tom_
    Free Member

Not really an accurate comparison but I have a Minion DHF 60a on the front and a High Roller 2.1 60a on the rear of my bike. Front sticks really well to slippy rooty stuff (could probably do with 42a for some bits though), the high roller rear was all over the place in comparison, but it is really narrow, being the xc model. 2.35 downhill version might work better?

mildred

Minion over High Roller every time. +1 for what thv3 said.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

where do you live and what are you riding? Minion great 90% of the time but if your somewhere dry and dusty HR wins outright.

Just be wary if your mixing and matching Minions & HR's as the Square vs round profiles will feel a bit wierd at first

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

HR 2.35 front LUST

minzo
    Free Member

I live in S.Wales and ride a mix of stuff. thinking i might get the minions if they're better in the wet, seeing as winters coming in

sam42
    Free Member

minion 42a

nodrog2
    Free Member

+1 for the minion on the front. 42a if lots of wet rocks and roots otherwise 60a is fine.

allthegearandnoidea
    Free Member

Minion front high roller rear. High roller breaks away much easier than a minion which is great on the back bruising on the front.

undapressure
    Free Member

HR front, Minion DHF rear. Found the HR corners a lot better for my style of riding. Found the minion had good all over grip but nowhere near as much as the high roller when it is leant right over. Minion is a lot faster rolling though.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

I have had a set of both. Had a pair of LUST high rollers (60A) running tubeless. The grip is ok but they do drag a bit, but pretty predicatble on most surfaces. But for out and out grip I think the minion wins….. however……….. I ran a slightly odd combination. The Minion is available in front and rear tread patern in various compounds. I ran a front 40a (super tacky) on the front and a front 60a on the rear. I reckon it was the best pair of tyres I have used for out and out grip. Good pattern for mechanical grip and soft compound front for wet smooth rocks etc. BUT….. be aware the 42 super tacky is a very soft compound. Basically a DH compound for trail bikes. It is very draggy if you ever ride on roads going back after a ride etc you will feel it!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

minion on the front. HR lacks intermediate/side knobs and I dont trust them on the front. Minion seems to dig in and grip more (I prefer squarer profiled tyres for that reason).

Using a Minion F also on the rear is a popular choice, think some mag rated it highly as a mud tyre when used like that.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘High Rollers vs Minions (2.35)’ is closed to new replies.