Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • High Roller 2 29er how wide compared with Hans ?
  • downthemiddle
    Free Member

Thinking of sticking a High Roller 2 29×2.3 3C on the front of my trail bike. I was always a fan of the original for riding in all conditions but just wondering how they size up width wise compared with a Hans Dampf 29×2.35 ?
    The Hans is massive and it dwarfs my narrowish rims (21mm inner).
    In fairness my wheels are getting a bit goosed and I may have to stick some 19mm Inner width wheels on that I have hanging up in my garage, rather than spending too much and buying wider rims right now. This is why I am conscious of not getting a tyre that’s got the grip but perhaps not as wide as the Hans.
    I recall Maxxis tyres back in the day were all over the place size wise (my ignitors were really narrow in a 2.3 and Advantages were massive in same size ??)
    Anyone got any experience of how they size up.

chakaping
    Free Member

They’re a good size, perhaps the optimum size for a 29er I think. A fair bit narrower than a HD.

downthemiddle
    Free Member

Brilliant, I still like a wide confidence inspiring tyre, but I find the hans a bit excessive. Looks like a High roller could be the answer then.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘High Roller 2 29er how wide compared with Hans ?’ is closed to new replies.