Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • High latitude or vagabond build?
  • moorsey72
    Free Member

Ive had my genesis high latitude for 6 months and while only used it on a mtb trail once, i frequently use it for rides out with the wife on a mix of road and gravel track. Thing is i never feel quite right on it, i have next to no standover clearance even though its a 16″ frame. Im considering selling it and building a vagabond as an everyday bike (Using my road bike for club rides/sportives). Thinking alfine hub/brooks saddle/drops and maybe 650b wheels. Any thoughts or advice?

andcarson
    Free Member

I’m building up a vagabond at the moment. It only has normal dropouts and no special options for routing an alfine cable so you may struggle with that side of things. I’m liking mine though so far

Ben_H

There appear to be two issues here: a potentially ill-fitting bike and whether to change bike type.

I’m sure it’s worth getting a bike you’re happy with the fit of, but I’d think carefully before ditching the MTB full stop. A better-fitting MTB will do all that a Vagabond would (but not threaten the road bike), but won’t limit you to light trails.

moorsey72
    Free Member

Oh bugger i had better look into the alfine scenario. To be honest there is a bit of method to my madness, I love the idea of building a ‘comfort’ bike, something that looks cool but is a joy to trundle along on and off road, with a view to a bit of touring in the future. I have a croix de fer but its set up as a road bike which i use as a winter road bike. Saw the vagabond frameset and loved the look of it. I made the error of buying my high latitude online and to be honest its a great looking bike, if i could make it fit i would but as it stands it might have to be sacrificed to cover some of the build costs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘High latitude or vagabond build?’ is closed to new replies.