Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hi-Viz/LED clothing for walking/cycling
  • CHB

I have the opportunity at work to spec and buy some hi-viz and or LED illuminated kit for our expanding fleet of walkers and cyclists.

I have found this place:
    http://www.hivizextras.co.uk/ledvests.html

Has the STW collective got any suggestions for what/where else I should consider. This is to keep the denizens of Harrogate free from speeding Audis.

Thanks for any (useful) suggestions/links.

CHB

anyone?

ahwiles
    Free Member

the daft yellow/orange is good for getting seen when it's light / half-light, but it's no more visible in the dark than any other colour.

to be seen in the dark, it's all about that silver reflective stuff, and lights.

i've seen a few of those vests with the built-in flashy led's, and i'm not sure how much difference they make, but then i did see them, so they must work…

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Try here very wide range and nice friendly people!

TooTall
    Free Member

CHB – depends where they are using this stuff. I'd suggest you stick with the British Standard gear as a basis and work up from there. I can't see any insurers etc being happy with a random set of bits and pieces that are your 'choice' rather than what has been approved for use on the highways. Depends what these people do of course as you've not said.

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

Shame no one imports illuminite clothing. Fairly style-ish for 'nromal' day use but appears to be highly reflective at night.

CHB

TooTall, this isn't work wear, just something nice to give to colleagues to help keep them a bit safer on the roads and paths while they walk/cycle to our marvelous cake and beverage emporium. Therefore it needs to be of reasonable quality, but not Rapha!

I am hoping to be able to do these free for staff, or at least heavily company funded.

Thanks for the input so far.

CHB

I also thought of doing some of that black retroreflective 3m tape and getting it screen printed with a black matt Yorkshire Tea logo so that the logo only shows up at night. Would people stick those on their bikes etc if I organised it?

TooTall
    Free Member

Cute, but is it worth the effort to only be seen when a light is shone on it at night?

Why not look at the commercial high viz stuff and modify / print on it? The local council gives away screen printed high viz vests and high viz rucsack covers with their own logos on them. People then use them all the time and the logo is seem far more often (advertising you?).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hi-Viz/LED clothing for walking/cycling’ is closed to new replies.