Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hi-Fi kit – What's it worth? (Rega Planar 3, Linn Kan Mk 1, Marantz, Yamaha)
  • rajboab
    Free Member

Hi all. Any of you Hi-Fi buffs know what the following is roughly worth before I start checking EBAY completed listings? Looking to shift it in the near future. I’m not really sure what the value would be! Cheers Stuart

1) MARANTZ CD52 Mk2 CD Player. Standard width. Finished in black. The CD-52 uses a philips transport and bitstream conversion. Facilities include direct track access, repeat, programming & FTS. There is a coaxial digital output, as well as the standard audio outputs.

2)YAMAHA K-320 Natural Sound Cassette Deck. Standard width. Finished in black. Features IC logic tape transport ‘soft touch’ controls, Dolby B&C noise reduction, Intro Scan, Two-Motor design, Song search and Timer mode. Good condition but some scuffs on top

3)YAMAHA A-320 Natural Sound Stereo Amplifier. Standard width. Finished in black. Minamilist design (No bass, treble controls etc). Inputs for Tape Monitor, Video Aux, CD, Tuner & Phono. Large volume control. Excellent condition

4) Linn Kan Mk1 Loudspeakers. These are early Linn Kan Mk1 speakers in light brown wood (Teak veneer) rated at 50W max. These speakers are a heavy, sealed box design that benefit from tight positioning against the wall. Size H30cm x W19cm xD 17cm. The speakers are in good condition with minor marks. The grills are in perfect condition with no holes or tears.
    – . Sequencial serial numbers: 01264x, 01264x

5) Rega Planar 3 Turntable. Classic belt driven turntable finished in black. The Heavy glass platter, and the original thick felt mat, are in excellent condition. The turntable has the original bent Rega tonearm and an ADC XLM MK III cartridge. The cover is in good condition, there are no cracks and the hinges are fine. The cover does have the usual polishing marks and light scratches which plague all Rega lids but overall it’s in very good condition

6) Target Audio Hi-Fi Rack. Solid 5 shelf Hi-Fi rack finished in black. 4 isolated shelves and spiked top shelf for turntable. Fitted with casters.

Any help would be great.

AlexSimon

The Linn Kans and the Rega p3 are worth listing, the others aren’t really. (in my experience they go for £30ish so postage, fees, etc becomes a pain).

I hand mine down to family members or friends.
    The problem with that is that most prefer Doc/Sonos-type-things these days, so even they are getting rid.

cynic-al
    Free Member

search ebay for completed listings…but what he said – though I got £30 for a CD42 so you might get a little more for the 52.

parkesie
    Free Member

Ive got a cd52mk2 se dont think i could bring myself to sell it. Seenthem go for 50 to 70 on a good day.

Hadge
    Free Member

Kans are very sought after, especially in the Far East and here in the UK. You will get good money for those and depending on how the wind blows that could be anything between £250-£350 maybe more. Mk1’s and Mk2’s are IMHO the best Kans and I’ve both types so if they’re in good nick you could do well. Remember eBay with it’s fees though.
    The Rega will get £200 easily on eBay even with a worn out cart. I know it’s not got the RB300 arm but the older RB200 is still highly rated. I’d be tempted try both for free on Gumtree first as you will get local buyers and it saves the hassle of carriage and boxing them up etc.
    The other things can get £20-50 each I guess and again try Gumtree first.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I think I got £200 for my Rega P3 a couple of years or so ago. Not bad after I bought it for £50 fifteen years previously. 🙂

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Marantz CD52’s are popular with HiFi tuners, as above 50-70 sounds fair. As mentioned the Rega and Kans will be the popular items, at least a £100 for the P3 I’d guess. Can’t really help with the Kans. Tape decks are almost straight to cowp I’m afraid, could offer it as a sweetener for the amp. The amp was a fair performer IIRC but again not really attracting much. The racks are hard to shift gumtree seems to work best. Out of interest do you have a pic of the rack? There is a vintage hifi FS thread on retrobike, wouldn’t do any harm to post up there too.

winston_dog
    Free Member

As the others said, the Rega and the Linn’s will fetch decent money.
    I would guess £200 and up for the Rega and the Linns possibly up to £350 – £400 on a good day.

Make sure you offer delivery, I always keep an eye on Ebay for collection only bargains, makes a massive difference.

I had a terrible s/h hifi habit at one point, ended up with about 5 different amps at one time. Last year I did sell an Audiolab amp, Linn CD deck and Linn amp for more than I had paid for them about 5 years ago!

oldboy
    Free Member

Try searching a dedicated HiFi site like Pinkfishmedia or Hifiwigwam for recent selling prices. The Rega and Linns would definitely be of interest, I think.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hi-Fi kit – What's it worth? (Rega Planar 3, Linn Kan Mk 1, Marantz, Yamaha)’ is closed to new replies.