Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hi all – Anyone know the cambelt interval change for a 1.4 petrol berlingo?
  • snowpaul
    Free Member

As above – looked on line an all I can find is 72 / 80 k miles… this about right?

anyone know ballpark figure cost wise?

cheers

paul

coffeeking
    Free Member

Log in to the citroen website, they'll almost undoubtedly have downloadable manuals (peugeot do). Its a PSA TU3 engine, effectively the same engine as was in the old pug 205 rallye/GT but with better engine management and ancilliaries, as such I'd put it at the 5 year/72K mark as a best ballpark figure.

twinklydave

75,000 miles for the 1.8 petrol version.

cost me £250 including full service and new water pump from a main dealer (though I stole all the free filter coffee, so it worked out slightly cheaper…) a couple of months ago

coffeeking
    Free Member

1.8 is a different engine, but barring a few exceptions the 5/72 is a safe bet. Safest bet is a 30 second call to a dealer 🙂

BelfastAndy
    Free Member

The Haynes manual suggests timing belt renewal every 40,000 miles for the 1.4
    A.

Marko

I would need your engine code and vehicle year to confirm, but all my information says 75,000 – depeding an driving conditions. Lots of stop start driving can lower this figure significantly.

You should also have the waterpump and belt tensioner replaced at the same time….And some fresh antifreeze. Total time to do the complete job about 3 hours.
    Hth
    Marko

coffeeking
    Free Member

Interestingly a russian site suggests the 205 variant of the engine changed at 35000 miles. Not sure I'd trust that.

twinklydave

If I drove round russia I'd want to change everything after 35000 miles 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hi all – Anyone know the cambelt interval change for a 1.4 petrol berlingo?’ is closed to new replies.