Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • Hero or Tosser – YOU DECIDE
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

Up at grizedale at the weekend, very busy with all sorts of folk – yadda yadda..walking int the main courtyard with wife and reptiles when a bloke on a transition manuals past us in to the square, he then endo turns and fakeys out of it before wheelie-ing up to he front of the visitor centre, popping his front tyre against the wall before hopping back and out again with the ‘fakey-turn*’. Now I admit I was torn, very nice skills on display but busy cafe area, lots of kids, bit show offy……?

So STW now is your chance to cast judgement [for the four hundredth time today], was that man a …

HERO or TOSSER…..

*copyright stabiliser stunt describing ltd.

darthshearer
    Free Member

Tosser

gonzy
    Free Member

tosser obviously….you should have pushed him over, wee’d in his shoes and then hoofed him in the slats whilst waving some bombers and claiming to be Ronnie Pickering!! 😆

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Too much show for hero status, so tosser by default.

wwaswas

I’d wish I could do it so would settle for ‘Git’ as it implies envy without malice.

sharkattack

Tosser. Save it for the skatepark.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Wow that’s what he’s doing after leaving the lib dems, who knew?

(No it wasn’t)

rocketman
    Free Member

Sounds all right to me

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Just out of curiosity – all those biking vids of trials riders doing stunts in the street etc. Always lots of people around. Are they tossers or heroes?

Xylene
    Free Member

What was he wearing?>

cynic-al
    Free Member

Is there a “sorry but I can’t muster the energy to care”/”live and let live”/”did anyone die?” choice?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Shoes and a hat and some other stuff.

Al, I’m afraid not it’s one or the other

iolo
    Free Member

So a guy riding a bike quite skilfully is a tosser in some minds?
    How very odd.

jam-bo

Is there a “sorry but I can’t muster the energy to care”/”live and let live”/”did anyone die?” choice?

not posting?

nickc

Jealousy is a terrible thing

Drac

You lost me after ‘transition’ you went into some bizarre language after that.

relliott6879
    Free Member

I’m going with ‘Hero’. He was clearly very skilled, enjoying himself on a bike and hurting no-one. I’d have admired and maybe even complimented.

And today’s my birthday, so I get to be right. 😛

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

😆

Wonderful stuff! How old was he? Was he in brightly coloured enduro gear?

It’s the sort of stuff that anyone with a reasonable level of skill should be able to achieve. Not hugely impressive; I think if he did it at a skatepark no one would bat an eyelid. So a bit of a show off/tosser.

However, if he was a short, portly mid 40’s IT consultant in full enduro gear then I’d say he’s a hero! I mean, I think it’s the sort of thing most of the above dream of doing; especially at a busy family hot spot.

kimbers

hero

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

More skills than me = tosser 😀

honeybadgerx

That sort of thing doesn’t really bother me. What does is the number of people hopping over the fence to walk through the wild flower meadow in that car park at Glentress in order to go to the toilet. Grr.

bigjim

hero

cynic-al
    Free Member

jam bo – Member

not posting?[/quote]

Oh teh ironing!

convert

You lost me after ‘transition’ you went into some bizarre language after that.

This. Not got a first clue what you just said.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Al, settle down, it’s a different cafe

jam-bo

indeed.

sharkattack

Sorry but endo turns went out with Jez Avery.

matt_outandabout

More importantly, what was the cake like?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

DOn’t know, yesterday we had a picnic in the playground cos we were going out for tea. But i did have the fruit cake on the weekend of the PMBA enduro and it was dry as a witches tit. (which I’ve just added to my excuse list for that event).

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I wish I could manual.

convert

Just realised, I missed the corrected response. Does the cafe serve pudding? If so a WOPP (withdrawal of pudding privileges) was probably the right course of action.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Reminds me of the day i was showing off at mabie cafe. They had built their own bunny hop gauge. I cleared the first couple of heights quite easily on my mtb.

Went for a 3rd attempt at an even higher height with my mates watching.

As i pushed down to then pull up my feet slipped off the pedals, my arse cracked up the poop chute straight onto the end of my very expensive ti railed bonty saddle and snapped it completely (The saddle not my poop chute). I went straight through the bunny hop guage and destroyed it. Then i rolled straight into a parked camper van.

I think i got away without anyone noticing tbh

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Hero

NB ‘fakie’

superfli
    Free Member

Big hero in my book. Wish I could do any one of those skills!

scaredypants

obvs tosser if any children’s faces were removed

otherwise, fair play – if you can’t pull a front flip from flat you have to go with what you’ve got 🙄

amedias
    Free Member

Why the hate? I guess he should only practise his skills in a darkened warehouse then where nobody might see*?

It was watching show-offs and skillful riders as a kid that got me into trials/street riding and ultimately made me want to push my MTB’ing skills, not becasue I wanted to pose, but because it is fun, and challenging and the thrill of finally managing to pull off a new move or learning a new skill is so rewarding.

*The irony being that 99% of the practise and riding was/is done where nobody sees it, and you might think he’s ‘showing off’ where as in his head he’s probably just ‘riding’ and couldn’t give two hoots if anyone sees.

andylc
    Free Member

I think you’re progressing into sad geekery by knowing all the terms. I assume it was impressive but I can’t be bothered to look up what he actually did!

Stevet1
    Free Member

some people actually enjoy riding their bikes. Saying that I wouldn’t class him as a tosser or a hero though, just a rider.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

some people actually enjoy riding their bikes

I don’t.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Hero or Tosser – YOU DECIDE’ is closed to new replies.