Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hermes help
  • beefheart
    Free Member

Can you get Hermes to deliver to an alternative address?

I bought some bits from an online shop (which are now sold out), and today I had a ‘first delivery attempt’ card, signature required.
    They’ll make 3 attempts before returning it to the retailer.
    I’ve changed the delivery address with other couriers before whilst it’s in transit, but the Hermes minion I spoke to said only the retailer can do this.
    The retailer says it isn’t possible, as it’s in transit.
    Nobody will be home, and my neighbours will be at work too.

Jamie
    Free Member

Safe place?

beefheart
    Free Member

Awkward courier insists on signature.
    Online chat/call centre staff follow a script so you aren’t sure if they’re even human.
    It looks like the answer is no, after 2 frustrating ‘conversations’.

maccruiskeen

Rub cream on it?

Northwind

If I buy a courier service and say “deliver there, and get a signature”, that’s what I expect. Appreciate it’s a hassle for you but really what are they going to do? Their contract isn’t with you.

Hermes aren’t good at “in progress” though, partly because there’s elements of their networking that’s done as soon as you book it in. I suspect from experience that the only way they can do it is to have the hub call the courier and say “take that parcel somewhere different”- they’ve done it for me a couple of times and done similar sort of interventions, like I remember one time a door phone was broken so they relayed on a contact number and said “call this number”. But it’s pretty inconsistent, as you’d kind of expect…

(source: I post a ridiculous amount of stuff by hermes)

xora

Quick buy a door mat that can “hide” it under 🙂

gnusmas

I have left my number on the door before and asked them to give me a ring. I have then met them somewhere en route to sign for and accept the parcel.

Would this be a possibility?

Greybeard
    Free Member

Ask them to leave it in a safe place, and leave a signed receipt in the safe place for the Hermes agent to pick up?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hermes help’ is closed to new replies.