Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Here's to you Danny Drinkwater
  • scandal42
    Free Member

Justifiably he has made it into the squad for the upcoming friendlies.

I am delighted as I have never seen a player improve at the rate DD has over the years I have been watching him.

Seeing two Leicester outfield players in the squad adds to the surreal nature of this season for me but both absolutely deserve the chance.

Story and full squad

dannyh
    Free Member

Hee hee – I know you’ll pounce on this post when you see someone has responded, but it’s only me.

Not really bothered about footy as you know.

When are we going to see you on a Wednesday night again?

The weather was dry enough for you last night……..

Also a Peaks ride on Sunday of you are interested?

MSP

Losing a chunk of their best players for international duty is a challenge that Leicester haven’t faced yet this season.

theotherjonv

Not as relevant, because domestic program is suspended for international games. It’s if they come back tired or worse injured – particularly the overseas guys who might have two transcontinental flights in a short space of time.

scandal42
    Free Member

Spurs also have that issue, in fact they have more of an issue than us really.

Saying that it didn’t really cause any issues before Christmas.

scandal42
    Free Member

Danny 😀

I’ll hopefully be back out soon mate, a mixture of things keeping me away but really looking forward to getting back out.

Can’t make the peaks, left a message on the group post.

dannyh
    Free Member

No worries – I had a look at the group after I hijacked your thread and saw that you’d had the good grace to reply. 😳

Look forward to seeing you out and about again soon – bizarrely there was a small amount of dust about last night on the local trails.

dragon
    Free Member

Good for him, but I see it difficult for him to fit in the team TBH.

scandal42
    Free Member

Good for him, but I see it difficult for him to fit in the team TBH.

Agreed, he’s used to playing with a dynamic team that plays with pace and a cutting edge, playing at the pace of an over 75’s team will be a shock to the system.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Here's to you Danny Drinkwater’ is closed to new replies.