Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Here's a job that deserves to earn £35k+ a year……
  • Wharfedale
    Free Member

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=07b_1284580365

May have been posted before but its worth watching. Nutters just at the end I’m pretty sure he lets go with both hands to clip on.

I think I’m sweating more that the guy doing the climbing 😳

LardLover
    Free Member

Jesus…………… 😯

I had that funny little tingle watching that.

loddrik
    Free Member

What is it as I’ve not got 3G at the moment?

ourmaninthenorth

It’s that film of engineers climbing the guided tower in the USA that was viral on the internerd about 2 months ago….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It is utterly insane.

I wonder if they can get life insurance?

alexxx
    Free Member

golly gosh

Grimy
    Free Member

Whilst Ive seen that video before, even sat watching it again my palms have gone sweaty and I’m feeling a little nauseous. Not for 35k and day, would I go up there, I’d be shaking like a pooing dog. 😯

bigbob38
    Free Member

I can’t do heights… had to turn it off as I got scared 😳

speaker2animals

Definitely made me feel somewhat unhappy. The guys brain is obviously wired totally differently to mine. I can do heights in certain conditions. I surprised myself on both the Empire State and World Trade Centre but I was obviously totally safe. I went on the Pirate Ship at Drayton Manor and was totally terrified. My 10 year old god daughter was actually holding my hand and VERY concerned about me. Humiliating.

Edric64
    Free Member

Health and safety appears to be non existant even when he does clip in it could slide off .IRATA would not sanction that!!

emsz
    Free Member

I need to lie down now

cynic-al
    Free Member

I watched it while up a ladder. I reckon I can do it.

toys19
    Free Member

Not for 35k and day, would I go up there, I’d be shaking like a pooing dog.

me too.

anokdale
    Free Member

Watched that last week, loons, no safety at all, rarely crabbing on and when he does it is pointless, had a mate who used to paint those big HT Pylon towers, not for me thanks.

takisawa2

I guess once your past 40-50ft or so, the ending would be the same, should you fall off. It would just take a bit longer.

I’d give it a go. Always wanted to climb something really tall. Did some pretty tall trees as a child/youth. The wife vetoed me climbing the conker trees a few years ago.

project
    Free Member

My claim to fame i have the same tool bag as the climber from Screwfix, mine never goes more than 4 foot in the air though.

Also the farmer on the moel famau range at Moel y Parc transmitter, told me that a free climber had climbed the aerial a few years ago, and the only way they knew somebody had been up there was he left his jacket hooked on the top, and somebody had to go up and rescue it.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I68kigg2TI[/video]

Wharfedale
    Free Member

insane! it makes you wonder how you’d look at everyday life when you get your kicks doing something like that.

findo_gask
    Free Member

Freeclimbing El Capitan 😯 no thanks!

spooky_b329

I bet he’s on a lot more than £35k!

Anyone see the US documentary last year about the guys that replace the antennae at the top? They rig up a scaffold at the top, it fixes to the structure below the 60′ aerial, extends past it so they can rig up a big pully, and then they use a huge winch on the ground to lift the antennae off, lower it down, and then replace with a new one. They were nutters, they all lived in winnebagos and basically followed the work all over the states. If they dropped any tools they would yell out Headache headache! on the radio and the guys at the bottom would have a few seconds to run for cover 🙂

MrOvershoot

Now the stuff CharlieMungus has just put up makes me think “why?”

But the tower stuff is fine by me, though I used to work on tower cranes & various masts so I suppose you get used to heights.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Absolute bonkers

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Here's a job that deserves to earn £35k+ a year……’ is closed to new replies.