Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hemlock, what size?
  • repatriot
    Free Member

5.8ft and a bit, ride a small soul and was looking at getting the hemlock but what size. I was thinking of going up to a medium for the Hemlock.
    Who else rides a small soul and hemlock?

(Yes i have read all the latest threads on hemlocks!)

DeeJay
    Free Member

The medium test bike I tried seemed to fit the smallest member of our group very well while accomodating my 6ft frame OK – if you have a long torso in relation to your legs I reckon the medium would be the way to go as I think I will need the large – the new batch coming in already has revised chain stays so that problem should be sorted.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I’m the same height and I think my BFe is a small.

Best phone and speak to Cy, he doesn’t bite.

cy

The rider interface bits of our mountain bike frames are pretty much the same shape, and certainly the same top tube lengths, so the only reason I can see for you going for a medium is if you run a pretty long (80-90mm) stem on your Soul and wanted to drop down to a 50-60mm stem on the Hemlock for more responsive steering with bigger forks. Other than that, I’d stick with small. The standover is the same on both frames, but the medium seat tube is 40mm longer so you’ll not be able to get your saddle as far out of the way on the bigger frame, if that’s a consideration. Oh, and we’re out of stock until June when the next lot arrive. Feel free to pre-order though.

simonb
    Free Member

I’m 5ft 9 with 30in inside leg and ride a small Hemlock. I’ve found its spot on for me and really chuckable to ride. I test rode both the small and medium frames and found the small a lot more fun to ride then the medium which felt was a bit more stretched out but then I like my bikes on the smaller side. I don’t ride a soul but am thinking of getting one later this year and the top tube lengths are the same 22.75inches so I guess they would be similar.

tomlevell

Small Simple and Small Hemlock.

Since getting the Hemlock I now want a 70mm stem on the Simple too.

5’10” and I like shorter bikes.

repatriot
    Free Member

just got back from the prison cell of work!
    thanks for the advice i am leaning towards the small, just thought the medium would be stable over rough faster stuff.

rob2
    Free Member

I’m the same height as you and ride a small with a 70mm stem. I think a medium would be a tad long – unless you’re an odd shape 😉

tomlevell

Stable as a stable thing over big rocky things. Ok unless you count the
    bit where I had to slow down and fell off ;0)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hemlock, what size?’ is closed to new replies.