Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help….Stuck wheel content
  • tymbian
    Free Member

I went to remove my front wheel today to find that as I was undoing the 20mm bolt through on the forks ( Zocchi 55’s ) all I seemed to be doing was force the stanchions apart. The thread in the threaded stantion was unscrewing but wasn’t pushing the axle through the other stanchion. Any ideas what as to what i can do?

watsontony
    Free Member

what year are the forks? have you got a clamp you could use to stop the lowers legs from spreading ?

tymbian
    Free Member

Forks are 08’s. I probably had the wheel out last about 6 months ago..

STATO
    Free Member

Sound like bearings in hub are seized to axle, someone didnt use grease did they 😆

Used to be a lot of posts on here for RS forks doing the same, trick is to get the wheel moving across the axle as you undo the thread.

Place the threaded side/leg against something solid.
    Unscrew the axle 1/2 turn.
    Hit un-threaded leg with soft mallet.
    Unscrew axle 1/2 turn.
    repeat…

hitting the opposite leg will knock the hub across, do it slowly, small number of turns at a time, dont do it near the end of unthreading or you could damage threads but it should be unstuck enough by them to just unscrew.

tymbian
    Free Member

@ STATO ….you’re right of course, my bad. Thought there was enough grease on there. Can I use a copper paste or does it have to be grease? ( providing I can release the axle ).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help….Stuck wheel content’ is closed to new replies.