Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help:New lens required for P7 torch
  • JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Tried out my new handlebar torch mount from Deal Extreme,last night which snapped 200m into my ride and resulted in my MTE P7 torch getting a cracked lens.
    Anybody know of where I can source a replacement lens?
    Basically its a 3.5 cm piece of circular flat glass.
    Any help appreciated.

tandemwarriors

Deal Extreme sell replacement lenses in packs of 5 or so. Cheap, but just takes a while for delivery.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

You might be in luck. I did the same some years back and had to buy a replacement: but they came in packs of 10. If you measure the diameter of the disc and let me know I’ll pop one in the post to you.

Northwind

I made a replacement out of a CD case. A year and a bit on and it’s starting to cloud up a little but still doing the job. I wouldn’t usually say this, but simples!

tandemwarriors

Northwind – Member
    I made a replacement out of a CD case. A year and a bit on and it’s starting to cloud up a little but still doing the job. I wouldn’t usually say this, but simples!

Like it!

thepodge
    Free Member

can you get wider angle reflectors for the torch? my only criticism is the normal beam is a bit narrow

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

couldawouldashoulda,its a smidge under 35m and approx 1mm thick.If you did happen to a have a spare it might save a few weeks wait from DX……

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

JollyGreenGiant… That’s what I have. Drop me an email and I’ll send it in the post on Monday. No charge – they’re no used to me anymore.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Email sent.Many thanks for the kind offer.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

No worries. Glad to be of assistance. I’ve just put one in an envelope. I’m a big fan of the kindness of strangers etc etc….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help:New lens required for P7 torch’ is closed to new replies.