Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help……erm, can't get my Rotor Agilis cranks off….anyone know how to do it?
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

have the manual (instructions) but no dice 🙁 they haven’t seized or anything like that i just don’t posses the skills……i’ve fitted them but never removed them before. I tried youtube but can’t find anything there, can anyone help me out?

thanks in advance

JB 😀

coatesy
    Free Member

How are you trying to remove it, looks like you need a crank extractor tool from the pics of it.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

How are you trying to remove it, looks like you need a crank extractor tool from the pics of it.

Granted it does look like a cotterless crank extractor is required but the instructions dont mention one and one wasn’t supplied……weird!

orangeboy
    Free Member

Apart from xtr in proper boxes from shimano I’ve never know a crank to come with its tool
    Might be worth trying a roadie forum as they use a lot of the rotor stuff
    The on site instructions look like a normal external set up just slacken pinch bolt and remove end cap before applying a hammer. Or have I missed somthing

scaredypants

v quick googleage suggests there are 2 varieties (changed in 2010)

Newer one seems remarkably similar to shimano HT2 and the older one has the axle attached to non-drive side crank (on these you MUST not remove the NDS cap as it’s a factory-only process to refit)

SO cast your mind back to how you fitted them and decide which it is

(I assume the older sort, so try here

orangeboy
    Free Member

On reflection just ignore my hammer suggestion

epo-aholic
    Free Member

scardypants – cheers for the link, thats the instructions i had.

Took another look at it and i’ve worked it out… the dust cap is essentially used as the extractor and you just have to be brave with the inner bolt…..on reflection its pretty much the same as the raceface x-type system.

Thanks for all your help guys! 😀

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

They use a self extracting bolt system , same as all the old ones, but from memory there is a smaller allen head inside the larger outer one
    The big grub screws on the end are dummy so don’t touch them.
    Undo the non drive side (I think) big nut and have a look. It should be self explanetary.
    Are they for sale?

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Are they for sale?

i don’t think so……didn’t i buy them from you in the summer? 😉

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

i don’t think so……didn’t i buy them from you in the summer?
    By Golly, I think you did!
    They treating you well?
    I need another pair; I’m fed up with this FSA carbon tut…

epo-aholic
    Free Member

They treating you well?
    I need another pair; I’m fed up with this FSA carbon tut…

Yes, pretty happy with them……as you said when you sold them to me, mainly use the ‘big’ ring so defo pushing a bigger gear. I’m building a 650b race bike so may be interested in your fsa’s though… 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help……erm, can't get my Rotor Agilis cranks off….anyone know how to do it?’ is closed to new replies.