Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • help..breakdown assistance please..
  • matt_outandabout

I have a dead car and Autoaid are denying I have a policy….bandits.

Can I join aa or RAC and get immediate cover?

Or should I just get a mate to tow me round the corner to a garage?

sandwicheater

When I started a policy with the AA they had a 24 cooling off period to avoid this situation.

If you have a pal I’d get a calling.

jon1973
    Free Member

I think the home start services have a qualifying period, but not the roadside assistance. Maybe you could register at the address of parents or something and claim you have broken down at a mates house?

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Mobile mechanic?

matt_outandabout

Getting there…

I’m not at home, and less than a km from the garage that does our servicing. They are sending someone out to get me started and into them to fix.

Transpires that that the alternator belt came off, but no noises. I had battery warning on dash for last 10mins of journey, pulled in at place I was going thinking I would pop to garage afterwards… Car beat me to it….

matt_outandabout

And autoaid are denying a policy, despite me having a printed email in car to the contrary..grrr

jota180
    Free Member

AA will give you immediate cover

0800 887766

matt_outandabout

All sorted by the wonderful D&G Autocare in Stirling… New belt fitted, battery and alternator are fine.

Now to have an argument with Auto aid, as I do have policy docs here at home…

project
    Free Member

spell out address to them, i had the same thing with aa, they had spelt address wrong on their computer so computer said No, and it cost me 65 quid call out latter refunded.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘help..breakdown assistance please..’ is closed to new replies.