Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • HELP!! Xhtml? to HTML, Kompozer
  • MTB-Rob
    Free Member

looks like I just wasted 3 hours!

been putting together a news letter on Kompozer, all fine normal save via “save as” and all is good, I can reopen it etc, but for quickness I just started using the “save” button, thinking it the same, but for some @##@@~~@@@:@~ reason it saved in XHTML and what the @##+@}}~@++@~@~ is THAT!!!!

Wouldn’t be tp bad if Kompozer opened it up again to do any more editing etc, but NO, it does not it says “this is not a HTML document” WTF!!!!
    I was just bloody using it!!

So can someone with great knowlage in these things help me?
    can I some how change the .xhtml file to a .html file
    or a get around for Kompozer to open it
    or anything to open it again!

thanks for any help that is received

Cougar

Just rename the file. It’s broadly the same thing IIRC (XHTML is slightly stricter than HTML).

Cougar
    MTB-Rob
    Free Member

thanks Couger, I did see the link but way above my head!

But how do I change/rename the file I tried RH click also adding .html on the end of the name but does not work and I haven’t found a program to open the xhtml for me to then save it again….

Cougar

Have you got file extensions hidden? (Ie, does it show in Explorer as “file” or “file.xhtml”?) It needs to be the latter. It’s under View in Windows 10 and, uh, Folder Properties I think in older versions.

It’s only text, anyway. Notepad will open it, just change the view from “text” to “all files” in the Open dialogue.

(Also, who?)

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

1000 kisses Courgar! 😈 😀 😀

Sorted!!

I thought I tried opening it with notepad, (as you said it reads html)
    but I was using WORDPAD which of course didn’t work, so I thought I was total @@##ed!!
    So yes I am a BIG idiot!! 😳 😳

Cougar

Yeah, Wordpad is… quirky.

(Also, who?)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘HELP!! Xhtml? to HTML, Kompozer’ is closed to new replies.