Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help with Swinley forest route
  • Amos
    Free Member

I've organised a ride to take a few guys from work round Swinley with my mate who knows it like the back of hand. I normally just follow him round not paying a massive amount of attention on where we're going.

My problem is he can no longer come and I now need to lead the ride, which Isn't a huge problem as I've got a fair idea on where to go it's just linking it all up, crowthorne-new single track-gully-labyrinth etc. I've asked before but has anyone got a map of the good bits please, the Crown estate map ain't great, any help would be greatfully received as I don't want the ride to be a stop start affair.

We're setting off about 9am ish saturday morning so please feel free to come along if you fancy it.

Cheers STW massive!

Mat

cookeaa

I was in the same position as you a couple of weeks ago; took some work mates there for their first time, I normally go with fit bastards who know the layout and insist on stupid winding routes between the good stuff so you loose your bearings, I've yet to see a useful map, but swinley is actually not that big an area when you explore it a bit…

My advice is follow your nose… you'll be suprized what references you recognise and how easy it is to find the bits your after, you'll also start cursing your normal guide when you realise he's been taking you the long boring route between the interesting bits…

My work mates now want to go back ASAP and also quite fancy a night ride there now as well…

Tiger6791

If I post this will you keep it a secret?

Amos
    Free Member

Mate your secret is safe with me 🙂

On searching I did find this however!

http://www.binfieldbikers.co.uk/routes/swinleysingletrack.jpg

Good eh!

edit:No link has disappeared!

edit edit: works again!

Tiger6791

Well that's much better than my drawn on the map with biro I was about to scan.

Amos
    Free Member

Can't print either though chaps any ideas?

akira

Is any of it still shut for filming or has that finished?

Tiger6791

All open

BB

Can you get that Binfield bikers route map as a .GPX file? Would help to able to check the GPS once in a while.

fingerbike
    Free Member

http://www.imbikemag.com/issue4/

At the end of the Swinley forest guide is link to the map and some gpx tracks…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help with Swinley forest route’ is closed to new replies.