Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help with Specialized Enduro Fork length!!
  • johnboyrichy
    Free Member

Just bought a new enduro frame and it supposed to have 150mm forks, the question is will I get away with vanilla r 140mm? Or does anyone have any suitable for sale must be it great cond…

nick1962
    Free Member

What year Enduro frame as recent ones use a 160mm fork?
    A larger profile front tyre and/or a little less sag on your fork should make up the 10mm easily enough.

johnboyrichy
    Free Member

It’s a 2008 expert, brand new old stock!

Bregante

Just about to stick some Lyriks on mine so will have a set of 2008 E150’s up for grabs with a 25mm hub wheel and a triple clamp stem if that floats your boat??

nick1962
    Free Member

Yes 150mm was the fork that year
    From Bikescene by any chance?
    Looked at that myself! 🙂

johnboyrichy
    Free Member

Spot on! Really good buy, went to buy the epic but they had sold it. So hopefully I won’t be disappointed with the enduro….

johnboyrichy
    Free Member

Thanks Bregante but my wheels won’t accommodate 25mm. Cheers though!!

Bregante

No worries. Great bikes btw. Mine started life at around 28lbs but have recently added a coil shock and it rocks, so I am in the process of beefing it up all round (stronger wheelset, lyriks etc) for extra “gnar”

proflexforever
    Free Member

ive got the 2005 s works enduro and im currently running 140mm pikes on it with no disasters..
    i REALLLY want 150’s on there though so im looking for a set too.
    mines large with a DHX5.0 coil on the rear..it weighs just over 33lbs…
    still whips my mates on their cube AMS pros…its a beast

coolhandluke
    Free Member

ive got the 2005 s works enduro and im currently running 140mm pikes on it with no disasters..
    i REALLLY want 150’s on there though so im looking for a set too.
    mines large with a DHX5.0 coil on the rear..it weighs just over 33lbs…
    still whips my mates on their cube AMS pros…its a beast

My 2006 S-Works is a beast too. 160mm Fox 36’s, coil DHX 5, DH rims. Sadly it weighs a ton so only gets ridden when I go to the Alps or uplift days but boy does it like it. It will go uphill under pedal power though…

I’ve had 130mm coil revelations on it years back, it was fine. I’ve had 140mm Pikes on it too, it was fine.

Your 140mm Vanillas will be fine on the Enduro but they do seem to be better beefed up somewhat. Start budgeting now and whatever you do, don’t read this….

Beefing up an Enduro

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help with Specialized Enduro Fork length!!’ is closed to new replies.