Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Help with replacement Chainset/rings for Boardman
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

Sorry about the vastly tedious post, but I can’t find info elsewhere.
    Got a Boardman Hybrid which I’ve done a few thousand miles commuting on the last years. The 50T ring has got completely worn and now slips with anything above featherlight pressure, so I’m commuting 25 miles a day on the 34T little ring.

I need to get a replacement but just can’t bring myself to spend £50 on a couple of replacement rings that’ll get shagged on the 2 miles section of dirt track on my daily commute.

I’ve discovered part of the problem is that Truvativ stuff doesn’t seem to exist anymore. I think it’s been taken over by SRAM, but all the SRAM stuff I can find is well expensive.

Please could someone recommend where to get either two replacement rings or a replacement chainset that won’t break the bank?

I’d happily bin the double and go for a single up front if anyone could recommend one.

PS, I’m tempted to just bin the current bike and get an OnOne Dirty Disco. But I know it’ll just get gubbed within weeks, so I’m thinking maybe resurrect the Boardman gears and use it on days the track will be wet. Then use the OO on very dry periods (In Manchester, what am I thinking). Anyone recommend/discommend the Disco?

<edit>Truvativ GXP Elita Al7075 T6
    </edit>

dirtydog
    Free Member

Assuming your BCD is 104, pretty much any 104BCD/50t ring should fit, doesn’t have to be Truvative.

*Another option would be to fit a Shimano Deore Triple 48/36/26.

*May need to change front mech and or left hand shifter depending on whats currently fitted.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

BCD

Damn, I knew there was a useful bit of info I was supposed to put in that edit. It’s 110

timba
    Free Member

Spa Cycles sell chainrings at reasonable prices, and they’ll advise you if necessary.
    I bought a complete Tiagra chainset for £45 when my Elita needed a new chainring because I wanted to standardise my kit and BB stock, but you may need to buy a BB as well if you do this

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Help with replacement Chainset/rings for Boardman’ is closed to new replies.