Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • help with iscg please
  • seanodav
    Free Member

hi, bought an iscg old for my pitch, which i believe is correct, the chain guide is an e13 ds. when fitting the guide, to get it to go on i needed to remove the bb cup,but the bolt holes on my frame dont line up with the ds holes at all. can anyone shed any light on this subject? please! thanks in advance

s8tannorm
    Free Member

Sounds like either your frame or guide is ISCG 05 … do a search on google for ISCG and you’ll find e13’s site will come up, there you’ll find dimensions / spacing for both old and 05.

seanodav
    Free Member

according to specialized site i have iscg old on my pitch, ive bought iscg old from crc, but still appears to only fit behind the bb cup and not on the iscg tabs??

geetee1972
    Free Member

Oh welcome to the infuriating world of getting chain guides to fit. Your Pitch, like all other Spesh bikes, has the original ISCG tabs, i.e. not ISCG 05. If you’re using an e13 device, then most likely you need a wide backplate in order to fit properly otherwise the chainstay fowls the lower arm and you can’t get the right amount of rotation. I say ‘most likely’ because I’ve not fitted one to a Pitch, only to the 05/06 Enduro. Alternatively the MRP and Gamut style backplates fit without any problems.

twohats
    Free Member

ISCG “standards” include about 13 different ways to configure three stupid holes around the bottom bracket. And even then half the chain-guides on the market don’t fit right without spacers, and putting your cranks on, then taking them off, and on, and off to get it right. And then there’s ISCG05, same 3 holes ‘cept we moved ’em! These holes initially held a back-plate to orient rollers that weren’t abused much, but now people are hanging “taco” style bash guards on there which puts a lot more force on that little frame tab. And how do you weld that tab on anyway? It’s only in the way of the freaking DOWN-TUBE on a lot of bikes. Beauty standard you got there. Well thought out.

seanodav
    Free Member

thanks for the replies! would think the pitch is the same as enduro so will give mrp or gamut a try

chakaping
    Free Member

Reading this with sympathy as I spent yesterday afternoon trying to fit an E13 SRS to my Big Hit, and coming across the exact problem described by Geetee above.

Grrrrr!

grumm
    Free Member

I thought the Pitch was ISCG not ISCG 05 – hope so cos I need to fit my Blackspire Stinger soon and its the ISCG one I got.

geetee1972
    Free Member

This is the wide backplate SRS that should work with Spesh bikes:

SRS MTX Wide ISCG Old

chakaping
    Free Member

That’s the one I’ve got, I’m pretty sure.

Bottom arm still fouls chainstay. Maybe ‘cos bike has asymmetric stays?

seanodav
    Free Member

its the e13 ds i bought for dual ring, even if i bb mount it without fixing to tabs it looks damn close to the stay, maybe no good by the looks of it

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘help with iscg please’ is closed to new replies.